Onkyo 606 rear speakers hissing

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by spartan77777, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. spartan77777

spartan77777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently setup an Onkyo 606 receiver with a 5.1 setup. Everything working as expected other than the hissing I get from the rear speakers.
    I get this when I am connected to Oppo DVD player over HDMI using raw connection. Rear speaker hisses if the incoming signal type does not include support for rear speakers such as stereo. The real strange part is that I also get the hissing when the DVD player showing a static menu of movies on the disk where there is no sound at all. Otherwise when I view anything that has 5.1 support I get either proper sound or no hiss at all from rear speakers. With my prior Pioneer receiver did not have this hissing at all.
    Anyone experience a similar problem or can provide any ideas how to sort this out?

2. Pearfish01

Pearfish01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi mate id try all the conections and make sure the speaker cable are rhe correct way round i.e + / - . Also check the auto setup hasent set them too high.

Hope this helps.

3. PeteW123

PeteW123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    if you have the audyssey equalizer enabled I find that often causes odd things like this to happen.

I always have it switched off, much better sound all round in my opnion