Onkyo 606: HDMI "No signal"

Oily

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a 606 from Richer Sounds last week but it developed the above fault,it says 'no signal' even though there is one(watching sky through magic eye upstairs proved their was one),had a quick search on here to see a couple of threads saying the same thing,faulty amp.So i got a new replacement today but it's just started to do the same :confused:
I can't believe i'm having the same problem with this new amp,am i doing something wrong??

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

As above..

have you tryed swapping leads? you may have a faulty HDMI lead.. still sounds like handshake issue..

Hi

Can you list all the kit and exactly how you have it interconnected?

Steve

Sky HD connected via HDMI to 606
Technomate 6900HD connected via HDMI to 606
MX-760HD media player connected via HDMI to 606
360 connected via component

Then a HDMI lead from the 606 to the TV.What's the 'hand shake' issue ??

Hdmi monitor on?

:confused:
I can be watching Sky or the Technomate etc for any length of time then it'll just come up 'no signal' then it'll come back on again
I'll try another cable but can't see that making much difference

Last edited:
:confused:
I can be watching Sky or the Technomate etc for any length of time then it'll just come up 'no signal' then it'll come back on again
I'll try another cable but can't see that making much difference

Hdmi monitor on is a setting on your amp to detect hdmi signal..

I had trouble with my xe1 a bit back (was a wierd one this) the player took ages to sync but the BD30 did not:confused: i no i never had a problem it just developed , so what i did was swap the amp to tv hdmi and the problems vanished, this is way i ask about cables ,worth a try you see..

also how far away is the sky box etc? it could also be down to signal dropout.

Last edited:
Sky box is about 50cm's away from the 606,i've just swopped over the HDMI cable.We'll see how we get on with this one.:thumbsup:

have you got more than one HDMI input on your tv?
my brand new samsung HDMI input 1 said 'no signal' when i connected my 606 to it. It works fine in any of the other 3 inputs.

have you got more than one HDMI input on your tv?
my brand new samsung HDMI input 1 said 'no signal' when i connected my 606 to it. It works fine in any of the other 3 inputs.

Only got the one HDMI input on the TV

Problem solved :smashin:

It was my HDMI switcher,i had to connect two cables together with it,when i tried it it worked great but without the power supply attached.For some reason the signal went and came back on again.So i tried the HDMI powered up and it's worked great since.
I've now ordered a QED HDMI coupler from SuperFi :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom