onkyo 606 connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by whippee, Feb 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. whippee

whippee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again, I am receiving my onkyo 606, tv, pvr on sat and looking at the correct connections to the back of the receiver. I have an xbox 360 and wii also. As i look at the back of the amp, I am component on the left side labelled component video. I will look my 360 to this component area, as i dont have hdmi out on the 360. does component carry audio too? What about the wii, where will this hook up? Maybe to the "game/tv" av input? I also have a homcast 8000 pvr and this has hdmi out, so i will connect this to the a hdmi in port on the top left, right? After all these are hooked up, i will run one hdmi cable from hdmi out port to the tv. right? Also I have bought a set of Krix equinox bookshelf speakers, that is all i have for now, as that is all money permitted, will expand later. Which section of the speakers should i hook these to, i guess the front speakers right? It looks pretty self explainatory, but i am just learning and want to get it right. Any other suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated, especially since all the cable are running through the walls, i want to run all the cables before i mount the gear.
    thanks alot
    andy
    here is a link to the pic of the back of the amp

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...2AU302%26sa%3DN

This post has been edited by whippee: Today, 07:27 PM

2. whippee

whippee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. dwhite

dwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Component does not carry audio, video only.

For the Xbox connect via component for the video and optical for the audio (See the xbox FAQ for how to get the optical connection from the xbox).

For the Wii I would reccomend getting the component cable as well, this has five connection on it, 3 for the component video (red, green and blue) and two for audio (red and white), connect the audio to the component to one of the component inputs and the audio to the same labelled input you want to use (i.e game/tv).

You will have to assign the component inputs you use for the xbox and Wii (for Wii game/tv and the xbox to whatever else you choose). For the xbox you will have to do the same assignment for the optical connection.

Component, HDMI and digital audio connections are all assignable to whatever selection you want to use. Unlike the analog audio and svideo.composite video connections, which are already assigned to their lablelled inputs.

The speakers you just connect to the appropriate outputs on right hand side of the back of the amp using speaker cable.