• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo 606 'clicking' but no OSD

nosnhoj

Standard Member
My receiver will no longer come out of stand by mode. It just clicks over and over. I have removed all the connections and done the waiting thing - but still when i plug it in, it just keeps clicking. the clicking sounds like its coming from right inside where the ac cord meets the receiver

What can i do?
Thanks

nosnhoj

Standard Member
When i plug it in, it starts clicking (like the sound when you turn it on and off) - it just keeps doing that. If I press the power switch, it goes to standby, and the clicking stops.

I just found out the kids had some long, loud music playing last night. Did they fry it?

namuk

Distinguished Member
:( There is a safety Cut off device in the amp called a thermal overload it is like a fuse, this stops amp from setting on fire etc. and yes sounds like overrun amp do not want to drop the kids into it though :)
you could try a Hard reset (info to do this is at back of manual) worth a try but still reckon this will not work .. it will be a warranty repair i would contact suppler or genserve onkyo uk service centre ..

GenServe (GTS) Limited
11 Caen View
Rushy Platt
Swindon
SN5 8WQ
Tel: +44 (0) 1793 886 333
Fax: +44 (0) 1793 886 323
[email protected]

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom