Onkyo 605 + Ps3 Streaming Assistance

pricklespons

Novice Member
Good evening,

Im not sure if this should go in the onkyo section or the ps3 section so i thought i would put it in both.

The problem is this:

When streaming audio from my PC to my PS3 on out through my Onkyo amp - i only get the option to change the amp to "direct audio", "pure audio" and "multi-channel" - i do not get any of the other music pre-sets like NEO6 or All Channel Stereo etc etc.

My friend has exactly the same set up as me and has confirmed that he can still select all the music options from the Amp.

Does anybody if there is an option in the PS3 that i need to select (in order to bitstream?? the audio to the amp so the amp can change its pre-sets. At the moment even if i just try to select the stereo button on the remote, the amp flashes up "multi channel Engaged"

Or is there a function in the Amp I have to change.

Any assistance would be most appreciated as this is driving me nuts!!!

h4rtey

Standard Member
try pressing triangle then going to av settings then changing to bitstream

Dr E

Standard Member
I bet your PS3 is set to LPCM try setting it to bitsream then you should get all your presets avaliable such as neo6.

GarryJM

Standard Member
In the PS3 you have the option to select different outputs (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 192kHz etc.) If the Onkyo is receiving 192kHz the only modes available are Pure Audio, Direct and Stereo. (See p. 58 of the manual). If you deselect that in the PS3 and have anything below 96kHz output (I guess 44.1kHz i.e. normal CD quality) then the Onkyo will let you select any of the Listening Modes. Hope this helps.

StuIRL

Novice Member
Hey,

Dont mean to hijack this thread, but in relation to that last post, when i check what my PS3 is outputting (as far as i can remember) it always seems to be 48khz. True HD, DTS-MA, Dolby..they all seem to be 48hz...whats the deal with the 192khz?

Thanks
Stu

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hey,

Dont mean to hijack this thread, but in relation to that last post, when i check what my PS3 is outputting (as far as i can remember) it always seems to be 48khz. True HD, DTS-MA, Dolby..they all seem to be 48hz...whats the deal with the 192khz?

Thanks
Stu
Hi StuIRL. :)
There is no HD soundtracks recorded over 48khz. :smashin:
All the best.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom