Onkyo 605 - please help

neilrlsmith

Novice Member
Hi,

I have my onkyo connected to my screen by HDMI. Both my devices (SKY and PS3) are connected to my amp via HDMI. Everything works fine.

BUT:-

I have one device (another satellite receiver) which is connecting to the amp via normal scart to 3 x RCA. I have no sound or picture and has had me stumped.

I think I have realised WHY it is not working but dont know HOW/IF it can be fixed. It's becuase the Onkyo is not converting/cannot convert the analogue signal through it's HDMI connection to the screen...?

Therefore, does that mean you can somehow tell it that it's analogue or do you have to have either a) all digital connections or b) all analogue connections. Would seem daft to only be able to do one or the other.

Or c) I've completely mis-diagnosed it and its something else!

cosmicklev

Standard Member
The lead I have that goes from my Sky Digibox scart to composite, left/right sound on my SR605 had a direction switch on it. May be worth checking to see if yours does too.

Mine is plugged into the Sat/Cab RCA's and configured in menu 1-4 Digital Inputs (SAT/CAB) as COAX 2.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Kev

neilrlsmith

Novice Member
it doesnt. I suppose I could by a lead that has one.

So I understand, you use the yellow video lead for picture and coax digital for sound?

I can get sound via coax actually but as not through the composite!

dazza74

Distinguished Member
it doesnt. I suppose I could by a lead that has one.

So I understand, you use the yellow video lead for picture and coax digital for sound?

I can get sound via coax actually but as not through the composite!

Sorry if I'm getting this wrong but unless you connect the red and white leads into the composite socket as well you will only get video and no sound

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom