• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo 605 - pass front left/right through to stereo amp?

/\/\j17

Standard Member
Hi,
I'm looking to upgrade my AV amp and am considering the Onkyo 605 but want to check it can be set up in the same way as my current system.

Currently I've got all my stereo kit connected to my stereo amp. The stereo amp's AV input connects to the AV amps main/front L+R pass-through via a pair of interconnects. Everything AV then hangs off of the AV amp.

Does the 605 support this sort of pass-through, so I can keep my stereo speakers hooked up to my dedicated stereo amp?

I tried looking through the Onkyo 605 Owners thread but lost the will to live around page 40 or 115!

Thanks for your help,

/\/\j17

dunks517

Hi,
I'm looking to upgrade my AV amp and am considering the Onkyo 605 but want to check it can be set up in the same way as my current system.

Currently I've got all my stereo kit connected to my stereo amp. The stereo amp's AV input connects to the AV amps main/front L+R pass-through via a pair of interconnects. Everything AV then hangs off of the AV amp.

Does the 605 support this sort of pass-through, so I can keep my stereo speakers hooked up to my dedicated stereo amp?

I tried looking through the Onkyo 605 Owners thread but lost the will to live around page 40 or 115!

Thanks for your help,

/\/\j17

If you really must use the stereo amp then you can connect it via zone 2 line output. What make of stereo amp is it?

avp

Previously PPP
Don't think you can as the Onkyo 605 doesn't have preouts.

EDIT: I may stand corrected though!

davidm

The 605 does not have any pre-outs on it. That is what has stopped me from buying it.

You need to go to the 705 for any pre-outs. That will allow you to use your stereo amp/speakers for the main left/right channels and still use it for listening to music.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom