Onkyo 605 help

shane123456

Standard Member
HI all a have a couple of question's

Q.1.Can i plug component vidio from the xbox360 into the reciever, along with a optical lead into the reciever, and assign them both to upconvert through to hdmi. If so could someone recommend a good optical lead to buy.

Q.2.WHen upconvert component video to hdmi, will it still show overscan to the pic, or will it also apply dot to dot mapping to fit my lcd hd tv. My lcd tv shows overscan over component at 720p,but over hdmi at 720p it will display the correct ressolution with 1.1 mapping.

IF someone has any answers for me i would be very greatfull,cheers.
If jo could bare with me on this, as i am new to this.

rob99

HI all a have a couple of question's

Q.1.Can i plug component vidio from the xbox360 into the reciever, along with a optical lead into the reciever, and assign them both to upconvert through to hdmi. If so could someone recommend a good optical lead to buy.

Q.2.WHen upconvert component video to hdmi, will it still show overscan to the pic, or will it also apply dot to dot mapping to fit my lcd hd tv. My lcd tv shows overscan over component at 720p,but over hdmi at 720p it will display the correct ressolution with 1.1 mapping.

IF someone has any answers for me i would be very greatfull,cheers.
If jo could bare with me on this, as i am new to this.

On question 1 i tried component thru the amp
and it gave a lot softer picture compared to
the vga direct to samsung 1080p tv ,so i just connected optical
for the sound and it is superb :thumbsup:

dazza74

Distinguished Member
On question 1 i tried component thru the amp
and it gave a lot softer picture compared to
the vga direct to samsung 1080p tv ,so i just connected optical
for the sound and it is superb :thumbsup:

I've got this amp turning up tomorrow hopefully. Would you advise then that I keep my 360 connected via component directly to the TV rather than the amp and just route the optical cable for sound into the amp?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom