• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo 605 Cable Box Help

kblyth

Standard Member
Hey everyone, I am hoping that I might be able to get some insight into a problem I am having.

I just purchased an Onlyo 605. I have a digital cable box that odd enough I can only connect via S-Video and then regular rca or a digital coax for audio. Problem I am having is that not all the channels through the cable box are digital audio. Some are and some arent. Is there a way that the receiver can detect and automatically switch between digital and anolog settings? So that I can have the best of both worlds, without having to go into the options and switch between digital and audio?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kris

kblyth

Standard Member
It doesnt appear to. I have it hooked up right now via digital coax, which works fine when I am in a digital channel, but when I go to a non digital channel I have no sound at all... Unless I manually go into the options and switch from digital to regular audio and have the regular audio cable hooked up.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom