Onkyo 515 WITH speakers - £230 on laskys.com !!!

lbizzle

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just bought myself the Onkyo CR-515 system with speakers for £230! An absolutely incredible price, for a top-notch mini system. Am most impressed by laskys coz this is the cheapest price i have seen by £70

While the picture on the site shows the system with those naff grey speakers, I got a pair of wooden ones which look great.

(u can probably tell, I am pretty glad with myself for picking up this bargain!)

Thanks very much for the info. That is a great price.:smashin:

Do you have it connected to your television?

I am hoping to get a Panasonic 37PX80 and wondered what results I would get if using this system?

When I first got the system I did connect it to the TV when playing my PS3. Sounded fantastic. Unfamiliar with how it would perform with typical TV programmes. Having said that, I'm sure it would be great. What initially caught my eye with this system were the reviews it had - check them here: http://www.otest.co.uk/test-results/onkyo-cs-515-96103.html

I spotted your other post - don't worry about hooking this system up to ur other devices, there is nothing complicated involved!

Mate

THANK YOU!!!!!!

i was just about to buy from richer, but with this deal, i get a free pair of speakers, and £5.70 back from quidco

such a good find, well done, and thanks, you've just saved me loads of cash!!!

now i can get the car stereo i had my eye on

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

....can you tell i'm excited too?
i hope i get some nice wooden speakers too

When I first got the system I did connect it to the TV when playing my PS3. Sounded fantastic. Unfamiliar with how it would perform with typical TV programmes. Having said that, I'm sure it would be great. What initially caught my eye with this system were the reviews it had - check them here: http://www.otest.co.uk/test-results/onkyo-cs-515-96103.html

I spotted your other post - don't worry about hooking this system up to ur other devices, there is nothing complicated involved!

Thanks for that. Are the cables which are supplied with it okay?

speaker cables supplied are bog standard - i use them for the time being but i guess those with more discerning taste would recommend buying better quality cable

Hmm...didn't spot those whilst shopping around. Both look pretty sweet - but the all in one doesn't have DAB and the other one is less powerful. Wonder whether they will inherit the sound performance of the 515 which made it a stand out package?

Hmm...didn't spot those whilst shopping around. Both look pretty sweet - but the all in one doesn't have DAB and the other one is less powerful. Wonder whether they will inherit the sound performance of the 515 which made it a stand out package?

Yes. So they say. Will still be tweaked for us Brits, and our love of the "warm sound":thumbsup:

Hey lbizzle

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

I have a richersounds just round the corner from me and the manager said he will do me like for like on the deal.

Could you tell me the model number of the speakers that came with it so I know how much I should be asking for.

Cheers

J

nice one - I thought RS only sold the main unit without accompanying speakers - didn't bother asking for a price match.

Speaker model number is D-N9BX

Hi lbizzie

Thanks for that.

I thought they were that model. They are worth £70 notes

I asked to have £70 knocked off a set but they wouldn't do it because they said they can only price match stuff they sell. Anyway we came to a compromise and they gave me a set of Gale 3010 worth £50 so I was quite happy with that.

I have only had a chance to wire the speakers up and play a cd but things sound promising :)

I was hoping I could get radio reception without having to use all the wires but it was as dead as a door nail. Looks like I'll have to have three wires all over the wall. How did you get on with that?

Thanks for letting me know about the deal.

John

well i ordered one of these

plugged it in, one of the speakers was broke, distorted really badly
then the CD player packed in after 2 mins of playing

phoned laskys, they had 9 left, so i arranged a replacement
i asked for one to be sent out so when it arrives they pick up the broke one...but NOOOO
so today they pick up the broke one, and i had to call to tell them, they check on parcel force and confirm that they have it so go to order the new one and......sorry sir, its out of stock and we are not getting anymore in.

absolute bl00dy joke, they've messed me around no end with this, they cocked up in other areas but i wont go into this.

2nd rated gear and 2nd rated service
DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND AVIOD LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Check out my one going on the classified add's that deff won't let you down. Just need to get your self a pair of speakers, the onkyo ones do no justice for this system. I am using some kef IQ3's with amazing results. But even some Tanoy F1 customs will be a great improvement

well i seem to have a result, after emailing the managing director of laskys,

his name is ryan.thomas@

he was very helpful.
I suggest anyone who doesn't get the service they are after go direct to him.

good job m.r.davies - i would never have thought of going straight to the M.D. pretty shoddy of them not to have advertised the fact the unit had sold out

my experience was good - I hadn't bought anything from laskys (or even heard of them for that matter) before getting the onkyo so didn't know what to expect. but fortunately they dealt with my order without hitches.

Jay - as for the aerial I've stuck it behind some shelves in the corner of the room. Pretty decent reception - although some of the stations from further afield become distorted when I switch on my laptop.

I'll be getting my new unit tomorrow, so i'll let you know how it goes

i must admit, there are quick to answer the phone, and i've received poorer service else where.

@lbizzle

I just plugged all the arial atenna in and left them dangling down the back of the cabinet it is on for now and the reception aint half bad on most channels. I'll adjust them at some point to get the optimim sound.

I got a cambridge audio iPod dock as well and that is easy to set up but I was a little disapointed that the iPod details dont show up on the Onkyo display. Maybe it does with the Onkyo dock?

I am disappointed with the sound from the iPod. It's very flat and lifeless. It's an old 4th Gen 60GB iPod photo so maybe the newer ones sound better?

Hi rommi

Did you download the catalogue from their site? It might be in that. They don't have much at all on their site.

ok, got the new unit and speakers

cd player works but again, one of the speakers in dodgy

they have offered me an upgrade again
is it worth upgrading to the denon DF102DABS ?

or should i just try and get the speakers from the denon DF102DABS and keep the onkyo 515 unit?

opinions please?

ok, got the new unit and speakers

cd player works but again, one of the speakers in dodgy

they have offered me an upgrade again
is it worth upgrading to the denon DF102DABS ?

or should i just try and get the speakers from the denon DF102DABS and keep the onkyo 515 unit?

opinions please?

Sounds like a nightmare.

My advice. Send it all back, get a full refund. Its not worth the hassle. i have learnt through costly experience, that when something is to cheap, its never a bargain. (they are a business, they no exactly what they are doing).

Go down to your local Hi-Fi shop (pref Sevenoaks if you have one), and get the Onkyo, and pair it with some Monitor Audio BR1's or 2's.

Yes its going to cost more, but will be worth it in the end. (as soon as you play your first CD you will be a very happy man:thumbsup:).

And i think your exp should be a lesson to alot of people. That unless you buy Hi-Fi either second hand, or from a local reputable dealer. Then there is no such thing as a bargain from online retailers. They are usually just refurbs, or cosmetically damaged, or returns, etc. Just my opinion and exp.

Hope that helps

D.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom