Onkyo 506 & a few basic questions...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by disfordrum, Feb 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. disfordrum

disfordrum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Sorry for the basic questions but I'm moving on from an LG all-in-one and want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot with a move to an AV amp...

I have an LG 32LC56 tv with 2 HDMI inputs currently running the aforementioned LG all-in-one and a Samsung BD1500. I have Sky HD coming on Thursday which means that I will have 3 HDMI sources and only 2 slots.

I've read a little about the 506 and understand that it'll take 3 HDMIs in to 1 out, and that I'll need an optical for the 5.1 sound.

I guess my questions would be

- do I keep the LG all-in-one for use only as a surround sound amp or go for the onkyo 506?

- I'm on a really tight budget and want to reuse the speakers I got with the all-in-one, is this a good idea? (they are 4ohm from an LG sh72th-s if that helps at all).

Any suggestions would be welcome especially if anyone has a similar TV/Sky HD/Samsung Blu-ray set up.

Many thanks

2. disfordrum

disfordrum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've finally grown my own set of nuts and, based on some other information and good feedback on another thread, ordered one from Peter Tyson.

Ciao