Onkyo 505 0r 605 ??????

gozzy

Am going out this afternoon to get my first amp

I'd planned on getting the 505, but seeing as the 605 is starting to drop, is it worth it.

I need an amp to connect my Sky HD + SonyPS3 to my Samsung DLP (Soon to be panasonic 50pz70) its only got 1 hdmi so is doin me in keep changing the lead.

:lease::lease::lease:

jon1

Am going out this afternoon to get my first amp

I'd planned on getting the 505, but seeing as the 605 is starting to drop, is it worth it.

I need an amp to connect my Sky HD + SonyPS3 to my Samsung DLP (Soon to be Panasonic 50pz70) its only got 1 hdmi so is doing me in keep changing the lead.

:lease::lease::lease:

The 605 would be a lot more future proof if you are going to upgrade your hd sources ie hd players that have the hd sound formats..as the 605 can decode them plus you will have two HDMI in one out...great for the ps3

Jon

gozzy

Have got a 605 reserved at Richersounds for £350 (pricematch AV sales)

Got a couple of hours to decide :suicide::suicide:

gozzy

Did dale do you the deal in richer?:D

jon

Can't remember his name,(richersounds Newcastle) but soon as i mentioned the AV sales price he said he'd do it for the same,
Isn't there a £10 better offer at richersounds ?

Waser

Can't remember his name,(richersounds Newcastle) but soon as i mentioned the AV sales price he said he'd do it for the same,
Isn't there a £10 better offer at richersounds ?

Yes, they should do a £10 price beat. I got mine for £340 from richer in Croydon on Thursday.

Print off the price beat promise from their web site if they cause any hassles.

gozzy

missus said to go and get it, coz i was dithering, said i could be dead tommorrow :eek:
Got it for ££350 as they couldn't get in touch with AV sales on the phoe to confirm they had stock ,so didn't get the £10 off

Am well pleased with it, hooked itup temoreroly (no sub tho) and watched POTC 3 and it was excellent, gonna take some fiddling around with the setting so better go and read the owners thread :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom