Onkyo 406 problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by plymman, Jan 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. plymman

plymman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi,

I posted this in a general forum and realised it should probably go here.

I just got my Onkyo 406 delivered and eagerly set about seeing it in action but I have a couple of issues I hoped some of you might know about or be able to help me with.

Firstly I use my old ipod as a storage device for my divx movies and on my last player just plugged it in and browsed the folders, but it's not being recognised on the Onkyo, why would this player not recognise it in the same way? One flash drive is recognised but others arent.

As this didn't work I put a divx onto a flash drive, plugged it and selected the film and started playing - this time no sound! If i search forward then play I get about 2 seconds of audio and it cuts out again.

Its connected via HDMI by the way. Anyone got any ideas if I have a dud or have i just got the wrong settings or something?

Cheers

2. Mystic27

Mystic27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    not sure on the ipod, the audio problem could be a codec issue though.

i.e. the player can't process it, not sure why you'd get 2secs of audio from forward/rewinding tho.

Have you tried any other divx files from that flash drive ?

3. RussIT

RussIT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got the same DVD player.... It plays most of my DivX files fine off a memory stick but one has the same problem you talk about ie. audio jumping. I just put it down to a bad encode on that file. On another note, if you intend to use a USB hard disk with this unit it must be formatted to fat32 and as a primary not logical drive to get it to work.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009