Onkyo 1007 and Genserve

NM20

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My Onkyo 1007 after two years of faithful service started with the no sound issue. I contacted Genserve and they immediately collected the receiver. When I contacted them two days later they had identified it was a faulty HDMI board and would replace it, great I thought. However that was a month ago and I haven't heard anything since. I did contact them and they told me they couldn't give me an ETA on the return of the receiver. This is due to the company supplying the parts having a backlog.

Basically this has meant I haven't been able to enjoy any of the Olympics in 3d or spend much time watching films that I had lined up for my summer holiday.

Getting to the point has anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions to speed up the process?

Thanks in advance.

oh Dear,
my Onkyo has the same issue and they are meant to be picking it up for repair... they don't seem to have a good reputation, won't be buying Onkyo again,

Getting to the point has anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions to speed up the process?

Thanks in advance.

I had exactly the same problem at XMAS. A HDMI board went, Genserve took it back and then there was a shortage of replacement parts due to the Thai Flood and Japanes tsunami disrupting production. I accepted that excuse and since they could not provide a board in a reasonable timeframe the amp was declared not economically repairable and I got a credit note which was then spent on a Denon. I'm surprised there is still a shortage months later.

I think the guy I dealt with was called Richard. Perhaps he was the boss. But he could not have been more helpful and helped me get my credit note in time to replace the amp for XMAS.

Thanks for the info. It is a real shame if that is the case as it is an excellent amp and I got a good deal on it, so would struggle to get an equivalent replacement for the money. I think i will give them a couple of more weeks and then push the matter.

I'm glad you got yours sorted. If you don't mind me asking what did you/they deem an acceptable time frame?

Last edited:
This is bad as the hdmi board should only take ten mins to change, now if there not changing the board and a replacing blow capacitors then this might take a litllte longer but still only an hour tops and the cost of the capicitors is nothing, this is why i saved my self about £100 aand did the job my self.

I did consider that and watched the YouTube video, but then decided I would be wiser using the warranty. My DIY skills aren't the best and usually make things much worse instead of better.

I did consider that and watched the YouTube video, but then decided I would be wiser using the warranty. My DIY skills aren't the best and usually make things much worse instead of better.
if you have warrenty then it makes sense, if you havent then its an easy job if you have the right tools.

I'm glad you got yours sorted. If you don't mind me asking what did you/they deem an acceptable time frame?

I don't remember for sure but in total they had the amp about two to three weeks. They could have kept it longer and waited for the board to become available in the new year but did not. They were good enough to write it off and I got the credit note and new amp for xmas. Had it been another time of year they might have been less inclined to write it off and waited until they got the part but i dont know. Whatever the case i was well treated by genserve.

I don't remember for sure but in total they had the amp about two to three weeks. They could have kept it longer and waited for the board to become available in the new year but did not. They were good enough to write it off and I got the credit note and new amp for xmas. Had it been another time of year they might have been less inclined to write it off and waited until they got the part but i dont know. Whatever the case i was well treated by genserve.

Thanks for letting me know. To be honest I cannot fault Genserve, they have been very helpful and efficient so far. I think their hands are tied due to being unable to source the part. I wonder if they would attempt the capacitator job? If not I will be a bit more patient and give them until the end of September.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom