1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ong-bak uncut version

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by deltafx, Feb 2, 2005.

1. deltafx

deltafx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    anyone know where i can get this one with english subs.
    from sites that you have used...

2. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody actually seen this movie? If so is it any good?

3. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
  4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Fantastic movie with some stunning fight scenes and stunts.
    Sadly you cant get a Official Eng subs version that is Uncut on dvd. The only way is to get hold of the bootlegs :nono: that turn up on ebay. The western release has been censored and i believe the music has been altered aswell.
    HK Legends do own the UK rights so I've heard but no idea if they are going to release the uncut version or just the international cut (so far they have let all fans down by only releasing international cuts of movies :mad: )
    Daves trailer page has a USA trailer on there plus a japanese trailer of it - Well worth dloading http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk

5. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read on the Hong Kong legends website that they have the rights to Ong Bak's star's next movie which is currently being made, maybe then they will release ong-bak?

6. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,207
    Hi,

Saw this last week, on vcd from yesasia. This was my first vcd title and hopefully last vcd (as it has eng subs). It is worth the money.

£4.70

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003201171/code-c/section-videos/

As per vcd, The pic was not great, the sound was loud, but no 5.1

The acting is not great, and film is overly dark in places, but i think the vcd PQ lets it down. Some of the techno music seems out of place.

Tony Jaa the lead is amazing, and some stunts have to be seen, and hopefully a better script comes his way.

I remebered what annoyed me, his voice (tai) is, also with some of the others characters in the film, a little grating, its just not manly for a action star.

When i first watched it, at the end of the 1st vcd, the whole film just stopped and turnned off, i though it had crashed!, but the rest of on vcd 2!, which i thought was for extras.

7. Boink!

Boink!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34

I bought the original Thai DVD secondhand off another DVDforum and found a forum that has subtitles submitted by enthusiasts. I simply copied the subs to my Palmpilot and read them off when ever someone spoke.

There's hardly any dialogue in the film anyway, but the fight scenes are one word: BRUTAL!

Great film, who needs CGI. :D