• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oneplus One broken screen

sep8001

Prominent Member
Hi

A friend dropped his phone and the screen is broken. The phone turns on but touch is not working.

Has anyone had to replace they screen, if you did how much did it cost and where did you have it done.

Thank you

Dave X

Prominent Member
When you say UK brands not entirely sure what you mean ?

OnePlus has a UK website and a London technical support number:

Never Settle - OnePlus.net

Support: 020 3318 8726

I'm sure you know exactly what I mean by UK brands.

Have you got an address for a retail store selling onePlus in the UK? How about a physical office and official repair centre?

Even having a .co.uk website doesn't make it a "UK website" and having some form of voip forwarding that utilises an apparent UK STD code definitely doesn't.

So, the number is 02033188726, a quick search for 0203 numbers shows this:

The rules allow firms to sell “virtual” 020 3 numbers. These give the impression of an organisation in London.

One I found promised that 0203 phone numbers “would give you a local, London presence to enhance your company’s image”. It would enable you to “target specific areas of the UK market even if you are not based there”.

You have no idea where the real caller is based as the apparent London number comes up in 1471 searches or on incoming call phone displays. There's an auto-divert to a mobile or landline facility.

You can get a virtual 020 3 number for around £3 a month for each line. That's really cheap compared with bricks and mortar premises in one of the world's most expensive cities. And using these numbers can fool a lot of search engines and other online applications which attempt to flag up “local” organisations

Time to act on these 0203 phone number scammers

RoadsterUK

Prominent Member
If repair your mobile is a reputable smartphone company that repairs high end brands, i'm sure special requests like that of a OPO can be accommodated (although maybe wrong).

Dave X

Prominent Member
If repair your mobile is a reputable smartphone company that repairs high end brands, i'm sure special requests like that of a OPO can be accommodated (although maybe wrong).

Most of the big repairers won't deviate from their brands covered, they purchase spares in bulk to keep costs down and don't buy single screens off eBay to do a job.

Many shops down the market will probably repair a onePlus if you source the parts, doesn't quite work the same as if you needed an Apple or Samsung repaired though...

RoadsterUK

Prominent Member
Most of the big repairers won't deviate from their brands covered, they purchase spares in bulk to keep costs down and don't buy single screens off eBay to do a job.

Many shops down the market will probably repair a onePlus if you source the parts, doesn't quite work the same as if you needed an Apple or Samsung repaired though...

The only way to find out is contact them. I have no interest to do this as my phone doesn't need repairing. However I thought it would be a helpful suggestion for someone who didn't want to carry out the repair job themselves.

Only trying to be helpful. Good luck to them.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Local places are the best bet, even if you supply the part, won't be more than a 30 min job for an experienced repair tech.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom