1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oneforall efc

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by father alice, Nov 12, 2004.

1. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Are the efc's for OFA (kam 6) the same for the 3 cycles - I think there are 256 codes, repeated 3 times from 0 - 1000 or so.

I ask because I have a VCR which uses 0081 setup code, but which also controls some features on a freeview pvr. ie the remote controls both machines!

I wondered if I could use one set of efc for the vcr and another for the pvr, albeit the same obc, but a different efc.

Hope that makes sense!!

2. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And EFC gets translated into 1 byte of data, which means the base range of values is 000 through 255, anything over that is a repeat. To see which EFC a higher number is a repeat of, just keep subtracting 256 from the number until it's in the 000-255 range.

The VCR/0081 code sends an RC-5 signal with a device code of 5, so my guess is your PVR also uses that same protocol and device code. Just out of curiosity, which PVR do you have?

So, to answer your final question, no, using a higher iteration of EFC won't make a difference as the signal will still be the same.

3. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for your response. It is actually my parents pvr and video, but the model is a digifusion fvrt100, and a phillips vcr can't remember the model.

As I said, using the digifusion remote makes the vcr do very strange things, (not sure about vice versa but I guess so) so I have removed the vcr from the setup - was just wondering if there was a way to use a different code of some sort for each device. Any suggestions on how to control them both independantly?

Cheers, Ali