oneforall codes for Panasonic TH-42PWD6 Plasma

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by chr15w, Nov 18, 2004.

1. chr15w

chr15w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help with oneforall code(s) available for the Panasonic TH-42PWD6 Plasma screen. Specifically I wondered if there were codes to select a particular AV channel, rather than just cycling through PC,AV1,AV2 etc round in a loop.
    I have a oneforall Mosaic remote.

Thanks.

2. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    cant help with the remote but with regard to the AV channels can you not assign them to a channel number? say 6 av1, 7 av2 etc etc
    sorry if i read it wrong and u already done this

3. chr15w

chr15w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

As the plasma has no tuner, it has no channels. Just AV inputs. The supplied remote just has an AV button which cycles through the different inputs.

4. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    then as fair as im aware your stuck im affraid, all these remotes do is act like your original remote not add new features so basically if its not on the oiginal remote then it cant be done.
    im sure someone will point it out if in wrong on this :laugh:

5. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And I'm that someone!

Many devices support discrete codes, but the OEM remotes rarely have buttons that send these signals. That's why people use the 'key mover' function with "One For All" remotes to generate the required signals.

Chris, have you found a setup code that works your TV, and if so, what is it? Also, what model OFA remote do you have?

6. smerkderk

smerkderk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,

What about setting a macro button to turn on the screen and scroll through the AV channels (assuming you want to screen to turn on and select a set input?) but im betting you just want to jump when scrolling?

Cheers

7. Dave R

Dave R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The idea of cycling through the inputs on the PW6 works in theory, but less so in practise. You need to code a delay between each "input" button (easy enough) but on mine at least it seems to not always respond to the "input" button signal.

For example, if I'm on the component input, I press the input button, I know the TV has receved it as the LED flashes and the Component legend on the screen is refreshed - but still says component! On the second push of the button it might actually manage to move to another input!

I've got round this on one macro by simpling coding an extra push of the input button, but in other cases it doesn't seem to be as straightforward as one extra push. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont.

It would be ideal if I could get a code to switch to a specific input. Anybody?

Thanks.

8. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Contact OneForAll customer services on 0808 1000 306 and ask them to e-mail a list of all the function codes for your device(s). You can then program them in using the KeyMagic function as The Robman said. E.g. to select 'Input 3' using TV code 0505 (a Sony code) you enter 00288. Simple.

9. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Magic codes will work, but have you heard of:

JP1

This is a little-known world of some extremely clever blokes who have reverse-engineered the brains of the OneForAll devices and completely opened them up for programming them to do just about anything. I did my OFA-6 URC-7562 to run macros, change channel , you name it. Brilliant. In fact I got a Harmony 655 for Christmas and I'm still struggling to get it to be as flexible as my OFA. The wife likes the Harmony because it has a "Back" button on it. Can you believe it??
    Do a googlew search for JP1. BTW, it's called JP1 because that's what the 6-pin connector that you connect to is labelled. Good luck.

10. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  11. Dave R

Dave R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I tried e-mailing one-for-all, and they were unable to confirm if their remote's would switch to a specific input. Full response as follows:

Thank you for your e-mail.

I was able to find the input key, but am not sure if this is going to work
    the way you want it to. Our remotes can only do functions that were
    available on the original remote control. It has occurred that customers
    were able to get functions that did not excist on the original, however
    we can not check if this is the same with yours.

The following remotes can be programmed to operate your device;

One For All Kameleon 4 URC8040 (TV,VCR,DVD,SAT/Cable)
    One For All Kameleon 1 URC8201 (TV)
    One For All Kameleon 3 URC8203 (TV,VCR,DVD)
    One For All kameleon 4 URC8204 (TV,VCR,SAT,DVD)
    One For All Kameleon 6 URC8206 (TV,VCR,DVD,CD,AUD,SAT/Cable)

Kind regards,

Ms. Ilse Davidson

Customer Services Europe

Has anybody tried this and got it working? Sorry if it sounds a silly question, but I don't have a one-for-all remote. I'd be happy to buy one though if it meant I could get these codes as from there I could get them in to my existing learning remote. There must be somebody with a PW6 and a one-for-all who could confirm?

Thanks a lot.