Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

One4all code needed for Tosh 210 DVD player!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Noel, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

Does anyone know this by any chance? The remote is the URC-7540 4 in 1 and I want to assign the Tosh to "aux". There are no codes in the book.

Many thanks,

Noel

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It is probably because there isn't a preprogrammed code in it's memory. This was the case with me and my Hitachi DVD. OFA suggested I buy the OFA 6, which I did.

Again, there was no code for my player in it's memory. But cos it has a built in modem, they were able to update the OFA 6 over the phone simply by placing the earpiece next to the remote - very clever!

Although I got it working just fine, I decided to send the OFA 6 back cos I didn't like the layout and size of it.

I've ended up buying the Philips RU880 learning/preprogrammed remote which is absolutely superb for just £41. See my earlier post 'Pronto's nephew'

3. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Excellent. Thanks Simon. It's only for the bedroom so we can control some of the downstairs kit, but I've got a Pronto downstairs and wasn't that impressed with the OFA. Nephew of Pronto seems a sensible step.....!

4. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Simon,

Got my 880 from LetsAutomate today and it's excellent, just what I needed. Thanks for the recommendation!

Noel

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Pleased you liked it Noel.

I had tried the one for alls and I also tried the X10 8 in one remote and they feel like cheap, nasty chinese cr*p.

Whereas the philips seems like a hundred quids worth. Bloody good value.

My Mrs likes it, especially now we have the lamp dimmer modules. No more fiddling about finding the swich. With the press of one button we can have them all on/off or dim them individualy.