One Xbox 360 to Two tv's

discuit

Established Member
Reaction score
I have my 360 in the lounge, Going into my Cambridge Audio 540 Amp and then back out again to my main tv in the lounge.

Is there anyway I can pipe the video signal upstairs to another HD Tv I have in my bedroom, so I can play upstairs in the rare occasion that the wife and friends take over the lounge?

I'd only need it on one tv at a time?

I'm thinking there must be a switch i can buy, and a really long Component cable?

Thanks in advance.

you want a component splitter, they do exist- a quick google finds some not many, i know nothing about them though apart from dont get a passive one, get one that has a power supply or you risk it degrading the image quality.

something along the lines of this-

http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/803

looks pretty good for a reasonableish price, but i have no knowledge of them so better off waiting for someone that does. dont get a dirt cheap one in the hope it will work because the image will be terrible, tried it with composite and that was an sd picture, looked horrible.

if you have a xbox with hdmi you can buy one where the sender changes it into ethernet then the reciever changes it back to hdmi the advantage of that is no signal loss (all digital unlike componant) and ethernet cables are about £5 for a 10metre.

if you have a xbox with hdmi you can buy one where the sender changes it into ethernet then the reciever changes it back to hdmi the advantage of that is no signal loss (all digital unlike componant) and ethernet cables are about £5 for a 10metre.

There are some of these hdmi to ethernet converters available on ebay for quite reasonable prices. Just wondered if anybody has any experience of using them? What's the resultant quality like?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom