1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One very happy owner of an Epson TW10H

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by littlemonkey, Aug 28, 2005.

1. littlemonkey

littlemonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody,

Thanks for the advice from last month (I was dubious about whether a projector would be able to display a decent sized screen in my relatively small lounge). I ended up buying an Epson TW10H.

All I can say is that, I am very, very pleased with the results. To give you an indication of how good it appears, I have not even put the screen up yet, and I am impressed with the quality. I am projecting onto the wall of my lounge (took some re-arranging of furniture and av equipment, but we now feel we have adjusted to the best layout), and can get an 6ft+ screen from about 2 metres away. (This is a rough figure, as I've been messing about with the zoom feature and can't decide what size I prefer! Keep changing it from night to night)

And it was a bargain too - less than £500 from dabs online, with "buy now pay May 2006" option!

Given that I had a limited budget, I am one very happy projector owner!
    Having gone from a 21" 4:3 aspect TV, to a 6ft+ widescreen picture, I find it is far more immersive to watch a film. I've had surround sound for years, and felt the big screen experience was the next step.

Would like to say thank you to all those that offered advice, and I feel I learnt alot from reading the various threads on projectors.

If you're considering getting a projector, don't hold back :)

J

2. louishm

louishm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    i also bought the epson to, mainly because of the price, i am new to the home cinema caper and had never seen a projector up and running before so i was well impressed
    feel free to look at my conversion here

3. tonydsam

tonydsam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also bought this projector from Dabs using the buy it now option and I couldnt be more pleased(Apart from some picture jumping which I have posted on here today). It has finally brought home the cinema experience.

4. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Great, I have also taken the plunge and just order the EMP-TW10H for £478.88 in vat it will arrive tomorrow can't wait, one thing hopefully somebody will be able to advise is that I will have to project onto my rear wall (Painted a light yellow), when I owned my Panasonic AE300 two years ago, it had no problem with the wall, will the Epson be able to project onto the ligh yellow wall ok ????

At some stage I will op for a screen but space is limited in the lounge ...

Can anybody that has the EMP-TW10H please advise on picture quality ofr both DVD's and Xbox and Sky , I cant wait - won't be able to sleep now ...

Regards
    Drogo

5. systemsdead

systemsdead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,646
  6. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps

Regards

Drogo

7. systemsdead

systemsdead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,646
  8. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can't wait till tomorrow, delivery is due and day off .. Guys I have a Plama above my fire place - very nice, do a search for posts by Drogo and look at thread called Plasma and LCD as it has a few photos of my lounge showing the Plasma, what I want to do is to have a screen fixed to the ceiling just enough in front of the Plasma so that when teh screen comes down its in front of the Plasma, also need to know way of making it blend in with rest of room ... please see photos and advise on anyway I could acheive this

Thanks guys

9. ArsoN

ArsoN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could always build it into the ceiling. :p

But seriously, if you're handy with DIY, then you could probably make some decorative box to surround the screen casing, or run some beams across your ceiling to hide it. But to be honest, most cinemas I've seen with retractable screens, then screen isn't really noticed until you pull it down.

10. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not really handy with DIY m8, have just taken delivery today of Epson projector still boxed at moment will try it tomorrow as need a long SVHS lead ..... Will sort something out with Screen.

Thanks for your advice though

11. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Totally agree. I've had surround sound for years too, but the PJ has totally transformed things. And in terms of value, it's nigh on unbeatable...PJ :)