One vertical green line on my AQUOS LC-70LE740E TV

Rollerdog

Novice Member
Hey there rollerdog here.

on my AQUOS LC-70LE740E LCD TV there is a vertical green line on the screen. (pictures below)

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

fnfndmdmf.jpg

djdm-mfd.jpg

fmdmxkfd.png

Up close it looks something like this

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
Factory reset did not fix the issue.

Last edited:

Rollerdog

Novice Member
When I loose the contact on the connection and apply different amounts of pressure I get this kind of artifacting (some of it looks just like the original vertical line. The original vertical line however does not go away when reconnecting):

dndmfmde.jpg

fjdkvkfkf.jpg

dncnfmnvv.jpg

djfjvkrjff.jpg

fnfnfej.jpg

vfnndnfjf.jpg

fncjdjfnf.jpg

fnfnvkfff.jpg

fnfnndjfjc.jpg

fmfncjv.jpg

Rollerdog

Novice Member
To be clear...
This is the connector fully engaged:
xmxndjc.jpg

This is the connector fully loosened
fmcndmc.jpg

This is one of the many artifacts that apear, when the loosened connector is lightly pressed down (notice the permanent line is brighter):
cncnnfnf.jpg

This is another one of the many artifacts that apear, when the loosened connector is lightly pressed down:
cdnfncndk.jpg

These artefacts are lines or plains that are white, blue, red or green. Next to that connector is another one that behaves the same as far as I can tell.

Another idea would be to replace one of the PCBs:
fndmcmdf.jpg

There is another one on the right of them but its covered by a metal plate. The whole housing is of metal, beautiful construction.

Maybe unplugging the cables on the pcbs and cleaning them would do the job? I have no clue about this stuff, but im feeling like dumpimg this high quality made in japan TV is a waste. Defenitly no warrenty on this one. Pressing the ribbon under the connector doesnt effect the screen at all.

LGSAM

The issue maybe where the connection is bonded to the LCD rather than at the connector ends , see if you can apply any pressure to that area and see if fault changes .
Good luck

Daveel

Novice Member
I have that problem with an old PC monitor and came across this:
I didn't spend a lot of time on it as I don't need it and I couldn't fix it but was not bothered. Maybe it will help you.
Dave

Rollerdog

Novice Member
Applying pressure to the bonds did not have any effect. I might unplug the ribbons and clean the contacts next.

Rollerdog

Novice Member
This is what I plan to do now:
fnfnfnfkdd.png

I will apply heat (270-370°c) for 1-2s on the "1st" COF. If it does not work I will move on to the "2nd".
gvcccv.jpg

On each I will start in the middle and move outwards.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom