one tuner not working

jnmercury00

Established Member
Reaction score
It was wet and windy outside last night, about 11pm i kept getting the no satellite signal error. I looked in the settings and tuner 2 is not getting any signal, i am guessing that it may be a loose connection so i will go and check. is there any other possibility before i go and climb up a ladder?

thanks

Swop the LNB connections on the SKY box and check to see if the problem has moved?
Other factors are water in one of the cables, check to see if the connections at the LNB are water tight.

just tried swapping the cables over and it kept saying tuner 1 had no signal, i was getting worried thinking my box was busted.
Powered down and hey presto!

Thanks you guys, saved me poncing around up a ladder.

I have recently had a dodgy input 2 (low strength) and it got worse eventually resulting in hardware crash needing a power off-on reboot. Reported to Sky and they said that my box was failing and replaced it. New box has high signal strength so in my case it does seem that it was the box rather than the dish.

Also when the hard disk in my V2 Sky+ failed a few years back one of the symptoms was to lose input 2.

Cheers,

Nigel

I have recently had a dodgy input 2 (low strength) and it got worse eventually resulting in hardware crash needing a power off-on reboot. Reported to Sky and they said that my box was failing and replaced it. New box has high signal strength so in my case it does seem that it was the box rather than the dish.

Also when the hard disk in my V2 Sky+ failed a few years back one of the symptoms was to lose input 2.

Cheers,

Nigel

That's worrying because I had to re-boot again last night (second time in a week) after losing signal two again. My box is 18 months old so out of warranty. Should I take out an extended warranty before it's too late?!?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom