Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

One Touch Recording on the REMOTE CONTROL

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by fransfrans, Oct 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. fransfrans

fransfrans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know on any video recorder/s that has/have the One Touch Recording on the REMOTE CONTROL?

2. TOM ALLEN

TOM ALLEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi There, I have a Pansonic that does just that, however, it's 6 years old but the newer models may also.:cool:

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I am assuming, by 'one-touch record' you mean that by each press of the button you can define an end time to the recording in 15/30 min increments?

I am not sure that the other poster realised this, as I had several Panasonic vcrs at that time, and none of them had that facility from the remote - only on the front panel.

I am not bang up to date with the very latest models. But as of a couple of years ago, when I used to sell them, I can't think of one make/model that would let you do it from the remote (only the front panel).

I think the manufacturers don't see it as a useful feature, when there is videoplus, etc. I think they're a bit short-sighted when it comes to providing features that consumers want.

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My Aiwa FX-7700 has the facility from the remote.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,677
    I have a newish Panasonic (2 years old) but it does not have OTR on the remote and it was a top model.
    I like OTR great for say taping a film start recording it them add the appropriate time. I use to have a Panasonic which you could do it down to the minute for example 1hour 42 minutes. But the nearest you seem to get now is 2 hours. :(