1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Thing That Worries Me!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by MARTYB2K, Oct 12, 2005.

1. MARTYB2K

MARTYB2K
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've read alot of people have pre-ordered 2-3 systems just to be sure at getting a system on launch day. Im worried people won't let the other shops know quickly, that they have already got a system. the other places will hold onto there pre-orders for a few days, taking systems away from people who want to buy them on the day. I think if you were pre-ordering from somewhere you should have been made to be commited to the order. It should have been £50 to pre-order, and that comes off the final price.

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    we have been through this on several threads, the whole mulitple pre-orders its just life im afraid you may get yours you may not

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,900
    You are forgetting, alot of people have pre-ordered from different companies ONLINE (no deposit) so if they dont cancel them before release day they will get charged for the console and it will be dispatched.

If they cancel before launch, then the next person in line will get a 360 where as before maybe they wouldnt have.

Either way the people who pre-ordered more than one will either have to pay up or let others else get their console.

4. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    well hopefully MS will release figures to stores when they get off their arses, then people can get confirmation of if their pre order will get them a box on launch day, as soon as its confirmed they will get one im sure people will start cancelling their other orders (Well some people)

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Yes a bit of a bug bear of mine this one as can be seen from my posts in other threads. It would seriously help if MS could release figures to retailers of how many they would be getting so that they could then inform the people who will be getting one. This would mean that loads of people could then cancel their 360 orders. The thing is that MS probably won't know themselves how many they will have at launch as they will just be knocking out what they can and then those will go off to the retailers. I would say that production will be going full steam and that MS will probably be sending out new stock every week or so in the run up to christmas.

6. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
    Hopefully it will mean that those who get multiple pre-orders delivered will be selling them below cost on Ebay.

7. WhiteHartMart

WhiteHartMart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    My preorder is with GAME and when I spoke to them yesterday, they said they will be in a position within the next week to contact people to let them know whether they have a launch day console or not!

Maybe that'll free up a few systems!?

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Sadly it's more likely to be the other way around. I guess there are two types of people who are doing all of the multiple pre-orders. There are...

a) The profiteers who latch on to any product (especially a potentially huge Christmas present) where there is likely to be limited supply. They try and buy as much of the product as possible so they can sell it to desparate parents at a highly inflated price. Then there are...

b) Those people who must have the console and to them only them getting the console matters. If other people can't get one on launch day partially due to them having 5 other pre orders that either a) have been delivered and must then be sold on the open market or b) are just sat waiting in a store to be picked up, then they are not too fussed as they have got theres through one or all of their many pre-orders coming through.

The profiteers are naturally the worst of the two as they are setting out to profit from families who are no doubt already struggling financially at Christmas time. The type b customer is just selfish and whilst he/she does not set out to profit from people he/she has still prevented someone lower in the list getting a console on launch day. If the items actually get delivered and are then sold on then the person in the preorder qconsole of ebay.

There should be some way of everyone just being able to pre-order one console such as having to register with MS for a voucher that can then be used in shops and online.