1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One subwoofer to rule them all.....

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by gavp, Mar 21, 2005.

1. gavp

gavp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Many thanks to chrisgeary for selling me his 20-39 PC+ in the classifieds firstly, and to you lot for banging on about these subs.

I think in my minds eye I always knew what kind of bass I wanted in my living room to sound like but had never achieved this as I started out with AE's 5.1 Evo package, fantastic speakers but sub had a tendency to give up the ghost and start bottoming out/clipping which was infuriatingly annoying :suicide:

So sold the sub mulled over the SVS, and decided that i'd like like a nice tidy box that looked good :devil: (and was remote controlled)

Had more or less decided and then saw the SVS in the classifieds and ended up spending the same amount for something with a bigger driver, twice the amp power and no remote control (who needs one anyway).

Ladies and gentleman, firstly its only when you see one in the flesh that you appreciate what a beast these things are, had to drop the back seat of the car to even think about the boot getting shut! Invited a few friends over and the words Oh my god! happened on three entrances, cue a viewing extravaganza of Saving Private Ryan, the Hulk, T2, U571, The Incredibles (think the guy who did this was a bass addict, check out all of it but mostly in the burning building yikes!)
    Its only when you feel your trousers flap and the hair on your head moved you appreciate what you've been missing out on, it adds a new element to films you thought were already good and i've not even had a good sit down to some music..... :D It just doesn't lose it grip at all, doesn't get flustered, at all/ever!!
    If you've got one, well done, if you're thinking of getting one get one, if your not thinking of getting one stop thinking and just get one, honestly I can't say enough good things about it, so to quote Bruce Campbell all thats left to say is Groovy. :thumbsup:

2. Resonance

Resonance

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If you use the LFE output on your amp you can normally control the sub volume quite easily from the amp remote :)

3. OnTheFly

OnTheFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Make sure you demo the fish tank scene in Finding Nemo. Last night I discovered Hellboy (Director's Cut). Oh my God...

4. 5ergo

5ergo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers!
    Btw is 20Hz and lower output usefull for music or is it meant for DVDs?