1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One stop digital camcoder and still camera?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Blenky, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Blenky

Blenky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I currently still use an aging (nearly seven years old) analogue camcorder and a digital camera which also is showing its age.

Ideally I would like to replace both. However it would be great to buy an all in one camcorder/camera solution.

Is there currently a camcorder that will take good still photos? I would like one that takes at least 4 mega pixels. Or is this still not an option?

Thanks

2. ElchenUK

ElchenUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it depends on what your budget is.

for a tad under a grand you could get the everio MC500 which is a 5 megapixel camera and a hardisk camcorder to boot.

3. Blenky

Blenky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Yikes - too much for me but thats what I'm looking for. Seems I'll have to wait until the technology matures a little bit more.

Thanks

4. ElchenUK

ElchenUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    probably a good idea to wait a while as the technology of trying accomodate a good lens for video and still imagery is quite expensive at the moment.

I did notice a sanyo player that is much cheaper and does 4 megapixel - unfortunately it looks like something you would get from a chrismas cracker!
    it also only does mpg4 as opposed to the everio's mpeg2

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/conten...-Camcorder-with-4-Megapixel-Sensor-VPC-C4.htm