1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Sat Receiver to two video sources

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by orygun, Dec 5, 2004.

1. orygun

orygun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Directv satellite programming in my living room. In my computer room, my LCD monitor includes svideo, and Composite video inputs in addition to dvi which I use for the computer. My computer inputs audio from either optical or mini rca audio in port. Because the monitor inludes these inputs along with pip I would like to watch some television from this room. I know the program channels would be the same coming from the single receiver, but that is okay.

The question is how can I pipe in the video and audio from the living room dtv receiver (SonyA65) to the computer(Audio) and LCD moniter (Video) 25 feet away. Then how do I convert to useable port type which will input to Svideo or composite video, and the audio?

The lone dtv receiver in the living room appears to have a sat out port which I guess carries both video and audio I think it says vhf and uhf on it.. I'm also wondering if it will output data while the main tv is using the receiver. Also is there some kind of converter modulater that should be in the computer room to provide working inputs or would an Svideo vcr be the easiest and cheapest choice?? Quality is not a big deal although it would be nice.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    where are you? have a look at Channel Plus gear and exactly what uoutputs are on Sat box?
    Which are used for TV and Which are spare

3. orygun

orygun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For video there is a spare svideo out port as well as a standard rca out port.
    For audio there is a spare digital optical port and standard rca out ports. I can also use the rf connector by substituting what the tv uses. So no problem with available output ports... just wondering how to connect video to the LCD monitor and audio to the computer. Both are 25 feet away.

The monitor has svideo and component video inputs. The computer has optical digital and a single mini rca port for the audio.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    s-video and analogue audio cables ok up to 10m, 30 feet longer look at Cat5E based solutions