One Plus 3 smartphone and VR loop

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all i thought id start a thread on the one plus as I couldn't find one, certainly not one that mentions the one plus 3 or VR loop

i was one of the lucky 30,000 that has bagged the free giveaway - One plus VR Loop headset after a twitter notification on 24.5.16

it is currently awaiting shipping, and whilst I don't particularly have an interest in VR, i do have an interest in getting stuff for free, so i'm willing to try it.

I'm also been advised that the oneplus 3 launch will be a VR event and it will be the first place you can buy a one plus 3 smartphone... (i believe you can use any VR unit to access the event)

founded in 2013 by former Oppo vice president - Pete Lau, their concept was to create a smartphone that did most of what the samsungs and top end smartphones did at half the price, and had the tag "Flagship killers" and whilst most reviewers gave the first phone fairly decent reviews, the flagship killer was probably a bit of overhype, but considering what the phone could actually do and at the price, there's no denying that it certainly turned some heads and was excellent value for money.

they used an invite system, so they could control production, but some fair criticism about making it more accessible to consumers was levelled at Oneplus, who apparently will have a new system so you can get your hands on a set sooner for the release of the oneplus 3 will be in operation, (we will wait and see on that one ) obviously not everyone has a VR set, so thats not a good start!

like most people, i'm fed up of being in 2 year contracts paying big bucks and being fed up with your phone after 12 months...so now im doing things a little different as i'm now out of contract with EE...

i intend to purchase the One plus 3 which ships unlocked and get a really good sim only deal on a rolling contract, now whilst most people wont have £600 - £700 upfront for the latest android or iphone to buy outright...but £250 - £300 is far more reachable for the average person especially if they can get an unlocked phone and shop around for the latest and best sim deal on a rolling 30 day and no lengthy contract system, and that is my intention

Get Ready For The OnePlus 3 - First Global VR Shopping Experience - OnePlus Forums

As with most phones there has been lots of rumours but yesterday TENAA published some official details of the phone that has been lodged with them

No surprise: TENAA listing confirms OnePlus 3 specs and design

with some basic specs for the phone

• Snapdragon 820
  • 4GB RAM
  • 64GB storage
  • 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED
  • 3000 mAh battery
  • 16MP rear camera
  • 6 x 74.7 x 7.3 mm
  • 160 grams
  • Light gray, black or gold
the phone Oneplus 3 phone itself looks like a HTC 10 at the back and an Iphone iteration from the front, a kind of hybrid bastard Lovechild of both phones (bit like Jon Snow if he were a smartphone if you will) the battery is a backwards step over the oneplus 2 and were still waiting to see the is a 6GB version with a 3500 mAh battery, but you do get an upgrade from LCD to full AMOLED which is a welcome change.

I believe the one plus 3 will run marshmallow 6.0.1 out of the box with Oxygen OS over the top

the oneplus 2 was criticised for not having NFC, a micro card slot and of course a LCD standard HD 1080p , the sandpaper feel of the changeable covers and some other bits and bobs, but are people expecting too much? sometimes ..yes..but that's the hype train for you...you cant reasonably expect a phone that is half the price of the usual suspects of flagships to be in everyway as good as them...they have to cut corners someone to pump them out at that price..so it is a compromise between features and cost, but i think its also fair to say that it certainly does most of what the top end phones do (as good as, or slightly better or nearly as good as, which is good enough for me) and that £300 savings should make most people smile.

I will be the Guinea Pig for both the VR set and the oneplus 3 (when i can get my hands on it! and report back to this thread, this is open for discussion of course...

from reading some tinternet forums, some people dont seem to like chinese manufactured phones, but hey ho, im going to give it a go.

Last edited:

well i've gone and bought a one plus 3 for £309, looking forward to getting it in a few days

The OnePlus 3 looks incredibly compelling and, at £309 with those specs, it's stunning value.

Will be very interested in more reviews about the camera and battery life. I can see OnePlus and others of that ilk getting more and more market share if they knock out flagship level spec'd phones at half the price of the big boys.

the battery is 3000 mAh which is a downgrade to last years One plus 2, so i was a little worried, but the screen is 1080p Amoled and with the fast charger it shouldn't be a problem. of course when i receive the phone i can post some real world results. lots of reviews out there some mixed, some brilliant, but even if the phone can do half of what an iphone/S7 edge can do for half the price. to the average jo, that is a very attractive proposition. the only thing it is really missing is a removable battery and a micro sd slot in particular

I have ordered one with delivery expected by the 26th June so I will post my thoughts on the phone when it arrives.

I'll definitely be a OnePlus owner in the next few years, mostly likely 2018. I wish them every success with their very developer friendly devices.

I'll definitely be a OnePlus owner in the next few years, mostly likely 2018. I wish them every success with their very developer friendly devices.
That's the key part for me. They embrace the developers and make it easy, I love a rom.

Received my One Plus 3 yesterday. Have to say I love it.

Had a One Plus 1 quite early as was lucky to get one of the first invites. The 2 had bad reviews so I skipped that.

They have done well with the 3. Feels solid nice metal body. The camera is the best I have owned on a smart phone. The speed with its 6gb or ram is amazing.

Slightly disappointed with the new c type charger. Only have one where with the old USB I had one at work and they were easy to borrow if needed. Next few years all phones with have the c type so not a deal breaker more annoying than anything.

Good idea to have the dual sim cards can see this being very useful when abroad for data. Get a cheap pay as you go sim then can use for data only. Also I read they can be paired to increase download speed so you could in theory use 2 4g connections at once.

Uploaded a few pics I sent my friend.
received_1018364381532467.jpeg
received_1018354898200082.jpeg
received_1018354888200083.jpeg
received_1018354888200083.jpeg

Can i just ask, the phone is unlocked, will this lock to the carrier when i insert the sim, or can i change sims with any carrier again and again at will. My oneplus3 is at my local post office depot waiting for collection :)

Can i just ask, the phone is unlocked, will this lock to the carrier when i insert the sim, or can i change sims with any carrier again and again at will. My oneplus3 is at my local post office depot waiting for collection :)

Not locked to anything no one plus phone is.
You can put in any sim any time.
Also no crappy carrier bloatware that you can't remove just a high spec device with latest Android ☺️

Must get to the post office quick! Lol we must compare notes on the phone!

Definitely more than happy with it.
Should get a case but it feels nice to hold. Might try a get a clear very thin one. But they do do a nice carbon fibre cover for 20 quid.

Nice that we finally get a UK charger. Had an adapter with my OPO

Definitely more than happy with it.
Should get a case but it feels nice to hold. Might try a get a clear very thin one. But they do do a nice carbon fibre cover for 20 quid.

Nice that we finally get a UK charger. Had an adapter with my OPO
How's the screen looking?

I can see myself getting one once the developers have established themselves with it on XDA. Good to hear people's opinions on it.

Lovely. Really tiny bezels at the edge makes the screen pop out.

Comes with a screen protector that is a bit crap does not reach the edge.

Received mine this morning - really pleased with the overall device. However, I don't seem to be getting 4G with Three - stuck with 'H' signal. Am I missing something? I'm dreading to think that Oneplus Three doesnt support all UK LTE bands

Received mine this morning - really pleased with the overall device. However, I don't seem to be getting 4G with Three - stuck with 'H' signal. Am I missing something? I'm dreading to think that Oneplus Three doesnt support all UK LTE bands

Definetly supports Three 4G, sure its enabled for 4G in mobile data settings ?

Is this only available from One Plus website? Couldn't find anything anywhere else.

Yes website only , but no invites required

I received mine today, upgrading from a OnePlus One (wife lost hers, she gets mine, I get an upgrade :D). Very sleek: I'm surprised at how much lighter it is than the One.

I'm reluctant to swap fully to the new phone until I can get a decent TPU case

anyone know how to retrieve data from your old phone and transfer to one plus 3 also can't find the manual online

I want to transfer all my info, apps music, photos from my old phone to the oneplus3

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom