One Plus 3 smartphone and VR loop

Jonstone

An update currently being rolled out to reviewers is supposed to allow better RAM management and make better use of the display for the sRGB colourspace - Oxygen OS 3.1.4

I know, the strange thing about screens is that you notice the differences from your old phone, but after a day or so you get used to the new screen so the issue does not seem so obvious.

bubs999

So should I give up on my Elephone P9000 and buy one of these? Or wait a while for them to drop a little?

Jonstone

So should I give up on my Elephone P9000 and buy one of these? Or wait a while for them to drop a little?

A lot depends on how happy you are with your current phone

My G3 was proving very laggy, and I really appreciate the convenience of the fingerprint reader.

It isn't however a quantum leap, if I hadn't promised my son a phone (he's having my g3) I am not sure I would say the improvement was worth £309.

I have no experience of the Elephone so I have no idea how they compare

bubs999

A lot depends on how happy you are with your current phone

My G3 was proving very laggy, and I really appreciate the convenience of the fingerprint reader.

It isn't however a quantum leap, if I hadn't promised my son a phone (he's having my g3) I am not sure I would say the improvement was worth £309.

I have no experience of the Elephone so I have no idea how they compare
The spec of the phone is great, but support and ROM development is lacking

FunkyMunkey

So I received the phone on 17th and rather impressively managed to smash the screen by the 20th... freak accident involving drawing a curtain and a flying vase! I hadn't even started using it yet, ironically i was waiting to get a case and a screen protector

I assume I'll have no choice but to go through oneplus for a repair? Has anyone had any experience of this kind of thing?

martylaa

I'm tempted by the dual sim as I travel a lot but I like FaceTime on the iPhone for calling home, I do have a MacBook I could use for that.
What's the best alternative on android to FaceTime?

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
I'm tempted by the dual sim as I travel a lot but I like FaceTime on the iPhone for calling home, I do have a MacBook I could use for that.
What's the best alternative on android to FaceTime?
Skype springs to mind as its on the store however I don't use them so can't vouch for it in use.

martylaa

Well I've ordered one before the price went up, shipping email sent so looking forward to it. I do like the iPhone but i want something with a dual sim and tbh the iPhone 6s battery is a joke so looking forward to the flagship killer arriving and i can sell my phone of more than i paid for this one...

ianeb

Well I've ordered one before the price went up, shipping email sent so looking forward to it. I do like the iPhone but i want something with a dual sim and tbh the iPhone 6s battery is a joke so looking forward to the flagship killer arriving and i can sell my phone of more than i paid for this one...

I've had the one plus 3 for a few days alongside my iPhone 6s. The one plus is brilliant, but I can't quite decide which to keep, there are somethings on the iPhone that aren't available or as good on the one plus... but the one plus is such a good phone for £309!! It's crazy

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Received mine today and first impressions are good. Can't wait to get stuck into some ROM action.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom