Question One Or Two Box Yamaha Solution

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by greycounciller, Jun 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. greycounciller

greycounciller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I posted a similar question on another forum, but....

I want to replace my AV (Yamaha RX-V673) amp for a low to mid range Stereo amp. Music via the AV amp is too cold and clinical.
    I stream music via Spotify and listen to Music via DNLA also, along with CD's. I don't listen too FM much though it's handy to have.
    At the moment I have a Pioneer BDP 450 player that I use for CD/DVD and streaming, as mentioned, so will keep this player for now. I'll be running a pair of QA 2050i which I too will keep
    I'm currently interested in a Yamaha RN-500 for it network capabilities and Optical and Co-Axial inputs which I need to connect the BDP.
    I've also seen it suggested I look at a Network CD player and Amp combo of the Yamaha CD-NS301 and A-S301 as It'll give better sound quality, and network capabilities via the CD player.
    The Amp + CD are in the region of £400, the RN-500, which I'd use with the BDP til a later date, is around £330.
    And before you say, I've listened to the Marantz CD/PM-6005 combo and found it too bright. I like the Rotel RA-11, but at £450, it's way too high.
    What do you guys think? Your thoughts are welcome.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. greycounciller

greycounciller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    88 106 127 168 views and no opinions?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015