• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

One or the other, what would you buy

Chrisoldinho

Prominent Member
I know posting in this forum may lead to a slightly biased response.

Having said that I know a lot of you are Gamers and will appreciate both titles.

So the choices are:

COD:World at War (360)

OR

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)

The former should be enjoyable as all of the other COD titles are.

The latter is literally one the most addictive game i've ever played and endless.

What would you choose?

Sporran

Prominent Member
im afriad i aint choosing, i got them both on order.

Ohhh i wish it turns out to be a long dark winter :lease:

Luteus

Established Member
COD all the way, i really just don't get LBP, i haven't played it, so my view may be biased, but a scrolling platform games shouldn't command this much hype. It looks good, but surely running along and jumping is going to get a boring very quickly.

And the level design feature, niec touch but not for me, I think I have read this elsewhere but I haven’t got the patients or skill to properly design a level, I much prefer to leave that to the professionals.

Chrisoldinho

Prominent Member
COD all the way, i really just don't get LBP, i haven't played it, so my view may be biased, but a scrolling platform games shouldn't command this much hype. It looks good, but surely running along and jumping is going to get a boring very quickly.

And the level design feature, niec touch but not for me, I think I have read this elsewhere but I haven’t got the patients or skill to properly design a level, I much prefer to leave that to the professionals.

Honestly mate I was just as sceptical as you. If you ever get a chance to play it I implore you to do so, it's amazing & just so fun. You think it would get boring wouldn't you? but for some reason it just doesn't. So many random levels created by joe bloggs and it's just brilliant playing 2-4 player on one level.

I've cancelled my pre-order of COD so will see how I feel at the time :D

Rob B

Prominent Member
Before playing the LBP beta, I'd have gone for WaW, but after I tried LBP out, and witnessed the amazing creativity of some people out there, I think it's an amazing game and would opt for that.

Besides, I still have CoD4 for my pewpew fix!

sparkymark75

Prominent Member
CoD for me. Played the LBP beta and whilst it was fun for a bit I could see me getting bored with it after a while. My wife and daughter never realy showed any desire to play it either so I'll be giving it a miss.

Same as...will pickup LBP when it's in the bargin bin.

CoD for me. Played the LBP beta and whilst it was fun for a bit I could see me getting bored with it after a while. My wife and daughter never realy showed any desire to play it either so I'll be giving it a miss.

jason7579

Established Member
Definitely COD, because if I bought LBP it would sit there doing nothing (I don't have a PS3).

The top of my list is GOW2 though and COD will be for xmas :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom