One on one with keeper

GaryMo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I must be really bad but what's your tips for scoring when one on one with the keeper?
I try to create an angle to shoot but usually hit the keeper. I occasionally get the odd rebound but other than than that it's a poor show from me!

I really struggle with this too. I've started going for longer range efforts and hoping for a rebound (or a screamer into the top corner!) or, if you see the keeper coming out early, not using the finesse shot chip (LB and B) but using the standard chipped pass (X) to lob him instead. I just find that easier to judge the height and distance of the lob. A couple of times I've managed to beat the keeper with a waggle of RS to skin him but any decent player will be wise to that and have the keeper on you sharpish.

I'm the same one on one's are more difficult in this Fifa, I currently trying to just tap it past the keeper and that has worked a bit better!
I sometimes just smash it though and the odd one will go in :O

Oh yeah, forgot to mention using standard pass (A) to roll it under the keeper if he's midway through sliding at you/assaulting your shins.

Cheers, it's not just me then!
I'll take those tips onboard for the next games.
Regarding the finesse shots - do you hold RB before and whilst pressing B to shoot?

I'll have a look at the differing configurations tomorrow now you've mentioned that. Maybe I'll find something that feels more natural but LB already sounds better as the finesse and shot would be via different hands instead of just the right hand. I'm sure my brain would process that easier!

I find that a quick tap of the shoot button usually squeezes it under the keeper. Especially when you get very close to the keeper.

I usually go for the chip if they rush out, otherwise just try shooting 'B' in a corner. I find its a bit unpredictable against a top keeper though. It surprises me the times online keepers rush out though. The chip works a treat

I sometimes use the 'Fake shot' by pressing A then X quickly, I find this works a lot of the time!

A then X? Isn't it B then A?

I usually go for the chip if they rush out, otherwise just try shooting 'B' in a corner. I find its a bit unpredictable against a top keeper though. It surprises me the times online keepers rush out though. The chip works a treat

This.

I have used this for the previous years versions as well especially as usually I play with Middlesbrough and the strikers are pretty poor at finishing, basically I'd get through with Emnes who is rapid and then take your finger off of the run button to compose yourself and super gently tap shoot and basically it rolls past the keeper, usually they can't get down quick enough to save it, where as if you try and hit a medium or hard shot it'll be at a good height for the keeper to make the save.

Also in this game I find the chip does work pretty well if you see the keeper rushing out, although some people fake rush and mess you up, so if you tend to just compose yourself first then you will be far better off, the other good option is to make a diagonal move as you run towards the keeper (if you are running through the middle rather than the wing that is)

Double tap shoot to to a low shot under the keeper, works really well! Also the chip shot can be deadly, especially if u time it just as the keeper is about the goto ground to grab the ball!
Also using the right stick to push the ball away from the keeper usually gets u through on goal or a penalty!
If going for power make sure to angle the player towards the opposite corner of the goal, and u get more power if u sprint before u shoot, when u press sprint the ball will get pushed forward, time the shot just as ur players foot is coming back towards the ball, about 2 and a half/3 bars of power and it will blast into the opposite corner!

And just as a tip, the easy skill moves are super effective, fake shot(press shoot then pass) and the fakes(depending on where ur player is facing, if running --> then u flick the right stick up to do a fake to the left, or down to the right) these 2 skill moves when used right can make a lot of space! And they are easy to slowly place in ur game, try and practice in the arena, set up a practice game, with 1 on 1 or with defenders and try some skill moves or shots!

Another easy 1 is flicking the right stick backwards then forwards, flicks the ball forward with the back foot!

Just a small edit about the power shot, by opposite corner I meant compared to the footedness of the player, so right footed try and sprint so ur shooting into the left corner across the keeper!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom