• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

One of two

bogart99

Prominent Member
Samsung UE55KS7500 or Samsung UE55MU6500 which one is deemed better. I know the former seem to be getting phased out, was after the flat version of that but got discontinued whilst I was deciding. Not seen a review of the latter.
Thanks

Z

zapp8rannigan

The KS series is better....my understanding is the MU series is Samsung's new "budget" range with the Q7 series taking place of the KS albeit at double the price

Dodgexander

People tend to be put off by the curve but in my opinion it doesn't look any different wall mounted, in my opinion curved is actually slightly better. Its such a small difference though its barely even noticeable. If in doubt go and look at some curved models in a store. You'll see the curve isn't that strong at all.

bogart99

Prominent Member
Seen now that the curve is not great but still undecided re how it will look on the wall. Suppose if I get it from JL it can always go back. Not really sure I need a new one as am extremely happy with my Phillips, 47PFL9664, which I bought years ago after reading the review on here. Has been, and still is, a cracker of a tv seen lots of others and the picture on mine is streets ahead. And what a remote control real bit of class.

bogart99

Prominent Member
As I will be sitting some 2.5m away from the screen and watch mostly freesat freeview stuff of which UHD is largely marked by it's absence think for the time being will stick with current set until I can afford a much bigger screen.

Dodgexander

You are very much in the same boat as most people, including me. UHD isn't beneficial at 2.5 metres even on a very large tv 65"+. It is best to save and be able to afford a capable HDR TV when HDR material is more widely available, at least then if you can't change your viewing distance you can forget about UHD and will at least benefit extra from HDR.

See: UHD vs FHD

There are disadvantages to UHD so it is a wise decision to hold off in my opinion.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom