One of the most heart breaking stories of the year

:mad: :(

Truley tragic and incredibly upsetting , I have a 2 year old myself.

That's sad... I can't understand how you could do that to a baby.

There was an interesting discussion on the radio about cases like this. If someone commits a crime like this (assuming he gets put away), once he's released he'll be free to go/do wherever he wants and potentially mistreat another child in the same way.

Yet if someone else commits the exact same crime, but with a sexual element, he'd have to be listed on the sex offenders register and be tracked for X years, even though both people probably pose the same amount of danger. It's a strange, very hyprocritical situation.

I didn't want to read this and I went ahead and clicked on it so I've only myself to blame for what I'm feeling now.

As a father of a two and four-year old, my response to this kind of story is more heightened than it used to be (my reaction used to be one of sickening horror; now my initial thought is "just give me five minutes with the person who did this". And that's not just pseduo-macho b/s, it's just my genuine, instinctive response.).

Oddly, I find these kind of stories more upsetting than the stories that have a sexual nature to them. Maybe I've accepted paedophilia - as abhorrent as it is - to be a genuine illness (although I'm not sure if it's something that can be cured) whereas simple violence is harder to quantify.

I'm with you on it...these types of people need to be made infertile as part of their sentence.

Maybe I've accepted paedophilia - as abhorrent as it is - to be a genuine illness (although I'm not sure if it's something that can be cured) whereas simple violence is harder to quantify.

Strangely enough, that was part of what was being discussed on the show I listened to. They said we either have to accept that paedophilia is a genuine mental illness and "treat" people accordingly, or that these people are simply bad or criminal - in which case they serve their time like everyone else and are free at the end of it. We seem to have it both ways at the mo: they are locked up for so many years, but then have are kept on the sex offenders register because we think they can't be trusted. But can they be trusted any less than your average person convicted of murder, manslaughter or GBH?

I'm not a parent, so I couldn't definitely say which would be worse: my child being killed or molested.

I would like to be locked in a room with these parents and cause them serious injury.

People like this don't deserve to live IMO.

I feel physically sick thinking about the pain the poor baby had to go through.

Find the nearest Tree. Hang the scum.

just by looking at the title of the link.

i wont be able to read this :(

Dal

Couldn't get past the first couple of lines.

To distressing.

Just put him down and stop him from ever breeding again and causing another the same pain.

Lethal injection.. oh yeah and make it painful while he goes for good measure.

My issue is why is somebody like this EVER allowed out.

What more could you do before a court decides you are NEVER safe or trusted enough to ever be allowed to mix with other human beings again.

I kid you not, come the revolution, I would lock this guy up until the day he dies, no parole, no second chances, nothing.

The pain that poor child must have been in..

I want to BREAK HIS F*****ING BACK

EVIL BASTARD
*sorry mods*

Last edited:
Poor kid, how anyone could hurt a childs like that is beyond me, he's not fit to be called a human being.
:(

I don't understand why the mother pictured in the paper appears to have a smile on her face the sick b****** what the f is that all about?

Seriously that bitch and that worthless piece of s*** of a father need to be tourtured to death. Honestly, shooting the pair wouldn't be justice in my eyes.

How the hell can someone do this kind of thing to a little baby, it's just very, very wrong. I wish I hadn't of read it cause it's put me in a right mood, my bloods reached boiling point :mad::mad::mad:

I agree with the sentiments placed before. i.e. Put me in a room for 5 minutes with him, and you'd see a deservedly broken spine.

Kneejerk reaction? maybe, but I have found it hard to take my thoughts away from the torment and suffering that small baby girl felt in her miserable, short life.

I hope he get's what he deserves in prison.

What is wrong with people! I've seen so many of these stories over the last few years and I just cant get my head around this. Don't get me wrong, I have two testing boys and have been near to fleecing them on a number of occations, but how do you get to the point where you repeatadly beat a young child over a period of time to the eventual painfull end.....

This is the kind of story that stops me following the news.I find it so distressing to the point of feeling ill.Defenceless little mite trusting the very people who brought her life to an end.Dreadfull story.

when my first was born just over a month ago, i was filled with so much joy and so much warmth that i was a dad that one of the first things i said was how could someone harm something so precious. i made a vow to myself that whenever my son does something bad, i will always remember those words and how i felt when i said them

it is a deep deep shame that people dont realise how cruel this is. I hope they are both jailed for life in solitary confinement so they can spend the rest of their lives thinking about what they did.

I just hope the CJS doesnt fail us this time

I can only take comfort in one thing. My uncle was a prison officer and after many chats with him over the years, I have no doubt that the officers will make sure the other prisoners know what he has done.

And they will have their opportunity.

I can only take comfort in one thing. My uncle was a prison officer and after many chats with him over the years, I have no doubt that the officers will make sure the other prisoners know what he has done.

And they will have their opportunity.

That is great news. Wait for the PC brigade to respond to that but I say, well done prison officers .... this bloke deserves a monumental kicking and anyone who says different does not have a soul ......

my thoughts are with the young cherub back amongst the angels ... bless her.

And what will the scumbag get? 15 years and allowed to order stuff from the bloody argos catalogue. They should make him smash rocks up every day and hang him by his B****cks for an hour each day.

I bet he'll be crying "Diminshed responsibility" and end up being locked up in a secure hospital ie NHS hotel. This country has lost its backbone with this sort of slimeball.

MOD COMMENT -

that's enough of the posts with swearing and references to physical violence, thanks

please remember there is a swear filter, so let it do it's job

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom