Answered One Netflix account on two devices possible?

Cliff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife signed up to a Netflix subscription on our 4k Sony TV. It was easy and the kids love it.
Now that Love film is closing, we won't be able to get our regular supply of Blurays for projection on to the big screen.
So just yesterday I purchased a new Panasonic 4k player with Netfix built in.
Can one subscription be used on both devices? Or will I have to use one device for both projector and TV?

It depends on what Netflix package you signed up to. For instance the 4k package allows up to four devices.

Oh, that's interesting. I am sure it is the basic package. Maybe not even 4k I don't have all the details but I think we are paying around 7.49.

On the website, when it says 'screens you can watch at the same time' does that mean if you have paid for only one screen, you have to log out of one device and log into another?

On the £7.49 plan you can watch Netflix on two different devices at the same time using the same account. You can install Netflix and use the account on multiple devices, but you will not be able to watch it at the same time on more than two at once using that account.

The £8.99 plan allows up to four devices at once and Ultra HD streams. Same restrictions apply that I mentioned above.

If you're going to effort of getting a 4k TV, it's worth paying the extra £1.50 for the 4k content. There is an awful lot of it, and the quality is excellent.

If you're going to effort of getting a 4k TV, it's worth paying the extra £1.50 for the 4k content. There is an awful lot of it, and the quality is excellent.
The problem is the kids have taken over the TV. It shows the way TV is watched now and in the future. My 5 year old uses the voice remote and just asks for Power Rangers or Paw Patrol. Voice recognition gives him a million episodes to watch. Daddy doesn't get a look in.

In fact EPGs, YouView, catch up, and such like are looking are looking distinctly old hat.

Without starting a new thread, to be clear, Netflix can be installed on an unlimited number of devices, with only the number of simultaneous streams affected by the account type?

thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom