Question One Light - multiple on/off switches

eddiem74

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how you all deal with the situation where you have one light but there are multiple on/off switches?

For example our landing lights (5 downlights) have a single gang switch at the bottom of the stairs to turn on/off and then when on the landing there is a on/off switch outside the door of each bedroom (3) to allow people coming in late or getting up during the night to turn on/off the landing lights easily.

For integrating such a scenario would you typically just integrate the main/master switch and leave the others as is?

So if I wanted to have on/off control and perhaps even dimming control for when triggering the lights at night would a dimmer2 module along with a single gang refractive switch be all I need?

What would you do?

Anyone?

yes, you can wire the slave switches to the dimmer module, as on/off but maybe better to have all switches operating the same

yes, you can wire the slave switches to the dimmer module, as on/off but maybe better to have all switches operating the same
So 1 dimmer module could serve all switches depending on wiring?

You recommend all switches should be refractive or on/off and not a mix?

Ideally long term what I would like via some scenes is; if dark/certain time of day and motion is detected turn landing lights on full. If during the night turn on lights at e.g. 50% if motion detected and turn off after xx minutes of no further motion.

Really motion should control everything, switches will just be for manual intervention so perhaps on/off might be fine?

Motion/proximity, timers, app and switch that's what home automation should be about .

Nice to be able to dim from all though but yes on/off would work

Motion/proximity, timers, app and switch that's what home automation should be about .

Nice to be able to dim from all though but yes on/off would work
So 1 dimmer2 module would do, right?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom