1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One last reply on arcams $1000,000 R&D for P7 & AV8

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by potshot, Mar 28, 2004.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Here is an artical that clearly states that the $1000,000 dollars does not only apply to the P7 & AV8

Though it's a relatively small company, UK-based Arcam has long been known to place heavy emphasis on R&D. When I visited the factory a few years ago, I was shown some of the impressive development work then in progress. This effort, said by Arcam to run well over $1 million, has resulted in some impressive new products, including the FMJ AV8 preamplifier-processor and its companion FMJ P7 power amp.

The link is http://www.guidetohometheater.com/surroundsoundpreampprocessors/1203arcam/

(This effort, said by Arcam to run well over $1 million, has resulted in some impressive new products, including the FMJ AV8 preamplifier-processor and its companion FMJ P7 power amp.)

I like to point out the word ( Including )

2. warrj

warrj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be surprised if the AV8 + P7 didn't cost $1,000,000 to develop. Anyone with any knowledge of software or hardware design wouldn't be surprised. A half decent b2c website costs more than that to develop. I remember reading a thread on Tag's website in which Udo Zucker was expressing surprise at how little Arcam were claiming to have spent on the AV8's development.

Regards,

Jules.

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,407
    One simple question. Who is more likely going to know the exact details? The engineer who did some of the R&D at Arcam or a Journalist?
    Anyhow. Subject closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.