One key recovory isnt working since upgraded to windows 8 please help!

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by lasnsas, Aug 2, 2012.

1. lasnsas

lasnsas
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WINDOWS 8 PREVIEW INSTALLED ON LENOVO IDEAPAD AND IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY SO TRYED TO RECOVER TO WINDOWS 7 BUT NOT WROKING!!!!
    i have a just updated my lenovo ideapad to windows 8 perview from windows 7 but its not working properly so i wanted to recover to windows 7 so i clicked on my lenovo one key recovery and i get an erroro messege saying "Driver initialization failed. please reinstall application" so i reinstalled it and its still doing the sme thing , please help!!!

2. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Windows 8 release preview has it's own key so you might be out of luck. You could reinstall Windows 8 or maybe you have not installed your drivers and that is why it is not working?

3. andy1249

andy1249
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,654
    How exactly did you install Windows 8 ?

Recovery options usually mean there is a separate partition with your recovery image on it , did you wipe that on installing Windows 8 ?
    If so , no recovery is possible.

Recovery partitions also rely on the fact that you are still running the same OS , it recovers you to factory default if and when you mess up your Windows 7 install or are otherwise not happy with it , it will not work from a different OS.

Prior to installing W8 , you should have made some Recovery discs , so that you could boot from and recover from an optical drive.

So assuming you have not wiped the recovery partition , you will need to re-install W7 somehow , download all the necessary drivers from Lenovo's website to replace the generic windows drivers that will be installed , and re-cover from there.

In general , laptops nearly always have some unique drivers that are needed for some proprietary key combinations. You dont install a new OS unless those drivers are available for that OS from the manufacturers site.
    Given that W8 is a preview , and not the finished article , availabilty of drivers is going to be an issue for most.
    Release previews are for those willing to try out new things and have the patience and the know how to work through the inevitable problems. You should never install such previews on critical machines.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012