One in five children 'cyber-bullied'

Discussion in 'Technology News' started by The News Bot, Aug 11, 2013.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
    News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Almost one in five children who use social networking sites suffered a negative experience last year, research by children's charity the NSPCC shows.
    More...

2. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Another cock and bull story in order to trick the masses into thinking they are protecting their children, when really they are just trying to take control of the internet in the name of child protection.

3. mikelj

mikelj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I must have missed something; where does it state in this article that they want to introduce measures to 'take control of the Internet'. The NSPCC is voicing their concerns over the number of children experiencing cyber bullying. It's interesting to read that the NSPCC has particular concerns over the impact of this on 11 & 12 year olds. I happen to believe that the minimum age of 13 for sites like Facebook is there for a reason - 11/12 year olds, in general, don't have the emotional maturity to deal with this type of behaviour when they encounter it. I know several of my son's classmates have Facebook accounts (he's 11), so it certainly isn't a cock and bull story.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013