One for those that like a puzzle!

11jwells

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I appear to have a bit of a conundrum on my hands.

I've got a four year old Wileyfox Spark X and whilst it's been a good phone, it's been playing up increasingly over the last 6 months, until recently it's just been sat in a boot loop for hours on end, never actually turning on properly. I did a factory reset from the android recovery page, and also wipe cache partitions, which seemed to do something as it now no longer gets stuck in a boot loop, just taking me to the set up new account page, which is great! I could do with starting afresh.

I was expecting a factory reset to mean I could set up a brand new account. But it's asking for the google account the phone was previously synced too to set up the new account, which I wasn't expecting. There's no way around this, you cannot complete the set up without it.

But here's where it gets tricky;

The google account it was synced to was my old work one, as that was the only google account I had at the time, but since I left the company the company deleted the account, and the phone doesn't recognise this account as one that exists. So how am I meant to set up the phone after a supposed factory reset!?

Trying any other google account doesn't work either, it just tells me it has to be the one used previously.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom