1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one for all

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nigelcraft, Oct 2, 2003.

1. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know if i can use one of those one for all remotes you can buy for use on my technics sa-dx940 dolby digital reciever as my controller is broke and i cannot find a replacement on this earth anywhere at all and no places i have sent an email to will reply,or can you only use these one for all remotes on tvs and videos

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,344
    I think you can use them on most things I use one for TV, Video, CD.
    Unfortunately I think mine is an old one and will not work my Sky sat although it worked the previous non digital one. It also will not work my mini-disk player.
    There site is here

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you not need the original remote to copy the codes, or are you talking about a remote that you can enter a code number and it automatically controls your kit?

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    You may want to take a look round www.remotecentral.com lots of useful info and reviews as well as codes etc there.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,344
    All For One you can or could program any of the user buttons to what ever you liked if there was a code for it. In My case I got the remote long before mini disc and digital satellite came out so there will be non of them codes in its memory. I think some you can ring them up and they send something down the telephone line and it upgrades the remote.
    Best thing to do is if you get it in a shop make sure you can take it back if it does not work the equipment you want.

This is taken from there web site is the info on there One For All 5 (URC-7552)
    • Ready to operate all brands and all features of TVs, video recorders, DVD players, satellite receivers/cable boxes, CD-players and amplifiers/tuners (incl. surround sound)
    • Pre-programmed and learnable
    • Has a backlit LCD with clock and alarm
    • 4 custom keys under special flip down door for adding additional functions of the origional remote and macros
    • Features include: menu, mode indicator, teletext, fastext, surround sound control, colour/brightness control and Key Magic
    • Built-in modem allows new codes to be added by phone or via the the internet; will never become obselete
    • Ergonomic design with an attractive control island for easy use

6. andymc

andymc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have a a Mosaic and it can learn anything you want it to and you label the buttons as you want BUT you need to have a working remote from it to learn from.

They have a website www.oneforall.com and do advertise that you can dowload new codes for certain remotes and things but I have yet to find out where on the website you can do this.

Richer Sounds are/were doing the Mosaic for about £50 and its a nice piece of kit

Andy C

7. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks to all ill look into it straight away

thanks again