Question One For All. Setting up for Sky Q and Sky Soundbox

marc.knuckle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I've bought the OFA Smart Control 5. So far I've set it up using the Simpleset method for the Samsung tv, Sky Q and Sky soundbox.

The tv is fine, any buttons it didn't do, i haven't noticed as it controls everything i need.

Sky Q. It hadn't set up 'Recordings', 'Search' or the '?' button. I then used the Magic button to program 'Recordings' to the OFA 'Fav' button. Works great. However, following the same process and receiving the double flash LED confirming it worked, it then hasn't worked. For example i programmed the 'Search' button to the OFA 'List' button but it doesn't do anything, Same with the '?'.

The Soundbox remote only controlled the volume. I only really used 'Volume' and the 'Input' button on the main remote as that button changes between HDMI and optical as the Soundbox doesn't have ARC. Same issue with trying to program the 'Input' button to the OFA. It appeared to program correctly but then did nothing.

Any advice and this welcome. Cheers.

To add to this.

Although i haven't got any further with the above questions, i noticed by accident that while it is on the 'TV' device, it controlled the Amazon firestick. At least up, down, left, right and enter.

It sounds like one for the manufacturer.

Yea, tried, they haven't responded to 2 contact submissions over last 2 weeks

Keep trying - insist on a reply!

There's not even a phone number. I'll send another contact submission to them

Email is much better than phone imho.
It‘s rather an old one though so I’d consider a different model.

It's pretty good overall. I tried the elite a couple of years back. Had lots of issues, it tried to do too much IMO.

The Elite, like most Harmonys, does do rather a lot!
OFAs do not work the same way, but are adequate for many people.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom