1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One For All Mosaic

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by martin day, Apr 2, 2003.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. Does anybody have the Mosaic? I have been reading some favourable reviews about the mosaic but none of them go into enough detail as to what it can reallydo. First of all is it able to use Videoplus to set recordings or would I still have to use my VCR remote for this?
    Second..I have just bought a Pioneer VSXD811 AV receiver and I need to know if the mosaic specifically will be able to replicate the surround functions where you can choose what 'mode' you want or once again would I have to go back to the original remote for this?

Any advice greatly appreciated
    Martin.

2. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got one. I found for things such as amps, buttons were way to general and couldn't really do what I wanted.

However, it can learn buttons very well (and quickly/easily) and I have managed to get it controlling all of my equipment.

Only problem I had was with some buttons on my LG tv, where the button had to be pressed twice on the original remote while the mosaic learnt it, as for some reason, pressing it once wouldn't activate the function on the TV. Unfortunately, this means that for functions such as my sleep timer, it can only go up 2 places at a time. This is probably LGs fault.

Other than that, it's a great remote. If there's anything else you want to know, I'll try my best to answer.

I even got it to control my Xbox DVD player thanks to the updates on the oneforall website.

3. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice but can it do 'Videoplus'?

4. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like I said, I don't see any specific button set aside to do that, but you might find another button labelled up as a menu or something will work it.

If not, you just learn the videoplus button from your original remote.

It doesn't have any kind of timers built in on the remote, if that's what you mean.

*doesn't know what he's talking about*