1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for all Mosaic/URC-9990

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Tomfoolery, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've noticed Richer Sounds selling the One For All mosaic at the price of £60. Now, this seems like a bargain for a LCD remote with all the features it has.

But I wanted to know if anyone else has bought it. Is there a reason why it is so cheap? How does it work with pieces of kit such as Sky Digiboxes and Yamaha dolby digital amps?

Also, when using the remote, how good is it as a replacement for the orgianal remote? Like with my amp, would it be easy enough to program the buttons into it to switch between sources? Does it have them all ready programmed? I'm using a Yamaha amp, but it has recently been discontinued for a model which includes DTS sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have enough money for a pronto :-(

Thanks.

2. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to get one anyway.

Great remote for the price. Works everything I've thrown at it no problems. Was wondering whether it would work my Xbox DVD, a quick visit to the one for all website, and my remote was upgraded.

Works great! Well worth the £60, if anyone was interested.

3. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like it does the job quite well.
    I'm looking at a remote to control my Loewe TV, Philips VCR, Panasonic digibox, Sony DVD and Yamaha A5 amp, would the Mosaic do the job nicely? This is about the maximum I can spend without the girlfriend thinking i'm nuts, a Pronto would be nice but slightly out of my price range. The review of the Mosaic at remotecentral.com seems to think its ok apart from a slight delay.
    If it can do everything that my other remotes can do then i'll gladly buy it in the morning :)

4. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It can do everything I wanted it to do. However, I've had a few problems with my LG remote. There were no codes on www.oneforall.com that supported my particular model (which is a surprise, as they seem to have everything else) and I think my original remote is slightly awkward. Functions such as 'sleep' when learnt from the orignal remote button, will call up the function, but won't change it. No matter how many times I used the original remote to program it, it wouldn't work.

I'm guessing the original remote has a different code on the second press for some reason, as I then tried pressing the button twice when I learnt the function, and it works. It cycles through two sleep timer options at a time, but this doesn't bother me.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

As for all my other equipment, they are compatable. Some needed upgrades, but these are easy to get hold of. I have everything programmed up in the house, with two macros. I still have 97% free memory.

Obviously, it's not as customisable as the Pronto would be. Things such as not being able to change the shape of the button when you add your own are slightly annoying. However, there are still symbols which you can place within the label, which makes up for it slightly. Also, the original preprogrammed buttons have different shapes, just make sure you don't relabel them, as they will then turn to a regular rectangular button.

It's certainly worth the price! I found a mute function on my amp, when the button wasn't even available on the original remote! Range is brilliant - if all your equipment is at the front, on the right side of the room (which it is luckily for me).

It's a little chunky, but that just means I look like more of a man when people see me with my BIG remote :clown: