1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for All Mosaic and Limit DVD9900SE

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Anomar, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Anomar

Anomar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought both a One for All Mosaic and a Limit DVD9900SE DVD player from R/S. The Mosaic is not picking up the dvd player. Does anyone know the code for the Limit?

BTW, I can't find any information on Limit. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Regards,

John

2. Anomar

Anomar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I discovered the solution to my own query.

For those of you who are also looking for this info, here is what I did -- I think it was a total fluke -- but hey....it worked.

I did a 'Search by Code' on the Mosaic for DVDs. The first code to enter was '0503'. Even though it did not work, I hit the 'OK' button anyway.

I then went through the Learn procedure for the Mosaic. Even though the manual implies that the learning will only work for units that have been recognised, it thought I'd try it anyway. I did a 'learn' on the Play button, and Lo and Behold - it worked! Being quite pleased with myself, I then took the two remotes to the kitchen table and spent the next 90 minutes programming the Mosaic. When I went back to the lounge to test it on the Limit DVD, nothing worked -- except the play button.

I have no idea why, but for some reason this procedure only works for buttons that are 'learned' while actually in the presense of the Limit DVD. I then had to spend an additional 90 mintunes re-programming everything I had already entered -- making sure I was sitting right in front of the Limit whilst doing so.

It was a major pain, but in the end, everything is working fine with the Mosaic.

Hopefully, this helps someone else too.

John