One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest coming to Blu-ray Disc

AgentCool

Not sure how much this one will benefit from the extra resolution but I'll be picking it up purely because I promised myself I'd invest in the HD versions of my top 20 favourite films. Hopefully there'll be some new extra features thrown in to justify the outlay.

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Not sure about this one. I love the movie, but I've already got the 2-disc DVD and the special edition 'book' laserdisc ('the more things change...' etc). Unless the image quality is a significant step up from the DVD, I'll pass.

I know I'll crumble if I can get it for a tenner though. :D

Kevo

Personally I can't see such a dialog driven classic like Cuckoo's Nest benefting much on BR and see no point in upgrading from the 2 disc SD version.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I would agree with the above. I cant really justify outlaying the cost on a movie made in 1975 on bluray. Especially given the interior locations. Whilst I dont deny it is a top movie, I think I will keep the 2 disc special edition I got last year, as upscaled to 1080p cant be much of a difference ? or can it :confused:

IAN P

Novice Member
Warner are becoming the best,if they're not already,studio,that prides itself in what they release,this should be another:thumbsup:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
:thumbsup:

elicash73

I've heard people say it looked great broadcast on a US HD channel.

Dog Day Afternoon looks great. Warner restorations = great. This will probably look great.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
I've heard people say it looked great broadcast on a US HD channel.

Dog Day Afternoon looks great. Warner restorations = great. This will probably look great.

Dog Day Afternoon was the same film/disc that popped into my mind, too.

Same era, similar production values, similar look/feel. And it was a superb disc, far better looking than many new films I've seen in high def.

Steve W

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom