One dish, 2 feeds?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by andimac101, May 5, 2007.

1. andimac101

andimac101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I currently have sky + running just to my front room. Is it possible to get another feed from my dish to a 2nd room, buy a second hand box and enjoy free to air sky in the 2nd room without having to pay for the multi room subscription?

2. madhouse

madhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Bawtry nr. Doncaster / Wiesbaden (Germany)
    Ratings:
    +72
    Hiya,

shouldn't be a problem at all - you can replace the LNB, which is probably a single LNB, with a double LNB. This means you will run 2 cables from the LNB, so you'd just de-attach the existing one you have from the single LNB and re-attach to the double. You can take a second cable to the other room and do as you described - buy a second sky digibox and either enjoy bbc, itv and others from the start, or you can buy a free to view card from sky that also opens up channel 4 and five for you (one time fee of around 20GBP).

Cheers,

Simon

3. andimac101

andimac101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

If I bought a second hand digibox that had a card with it, will it pick up channel4 OK?, or will I have to buy one separately and register it?

4. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    As you have Sky+ you already have two connections to that. Your dish almost certainly has a quad LNB with two spare connections.

If the card is working then it will stay working. You may find it cheaper & easier to pay 20 pounds for your own card as they do sell for more than that to ex-pats starved of UK TV.

5. TeenSpirit

TeenSpirit
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    We have a spare Sky+ box as we have upgraded to Sky HD in the lounge.

I enquired this week as to having Sky in the bedroom, utilising the old box and Sky will NOT quote for installation without supplying the equipment - a local Sky engineer wants £60 to run the 2 cables from dish to bedroom and Sky charge £49 for a basic Sky digi box with free installation or £99 for Sky+ box with free installation the you can pay £10 a month for multiroom to enable you to watch same package as you watch in the lounge on your main box.

Decided to buy a video sender which I am currently having a nightmare setting up (see my other posts)- wish I'd just gone for the installation locally and purchased a new Sky card :(

Hope this helps :)

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Mrs Signs, you are right, you should have paid the £60. For £99, sky will throw the wires in through a hole in the wall, if you can bribe them to climb a ladder in the 1st place, and will make your box call back with an extension they run up the stairs, and take away with them. The £60 man would probably tack it all in place neatly, and for a big smile, a cup of tea and £10 would make you a new telephone socket where you need it.

7. TeenSpirit

TeenSpirit
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Now decided to sell Sky+ box and wait until we get a new tv with built in freeview and wire aerial from roof into bedroom :thumbsup: