One Cut of the Dead (Hollywood Edition) Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer

SirCYBO

Standard Member
Great review Cas. Totally agree with your intro. Loved the Japanese Jackson 5 cover of ‘I want you back’ in the end credits.

Slinkywizard

For whatever reason I just couldn't get into this film. Not sure why since everyone is like 'Oh it's great'. But have tried twice and never made it more than halfway through due to mind-numbing boredom. I'm sure it's one of those 'It's me and not you' things since I appear to be in the minority.

Fasen

What?! A 9! Are you crazy 😎 oh well better see it before I say anything else 😁

Jessica Noir

One of the most surprising and purely fun films I have seen in the last few years.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
For whatever reason I just couldn't get into this film. Not sure why since everyone is like 'Oh it's great'. But have tried twice and never made it more than halfway through due to mind-numbing boredom. I'm sure it's one of those 'It's me and not you' things since I appear to be in the minority.
This is where you are going wrong. When I watched it I thought it was nothing special until halfway through and then it just goes mental and all slots into place - By the end I was a convert and the slower start made total sense.

Garioch

Distinguished Member
Glad you got to see this Cas and nice work on tip-toeing around it. I remember when I first watched it, I was wondering what all the fuss was about until the final chapter. I ended up loving it in the end.

encaser

This surely cannot be better than Super 8's definitive in-movie guide?

stigdu

Banned
You're not the only one. You can find my review on Amazon when I wat he'd it à couple of years ago. Interesting idea, I just didn't find it particularly fun.

wolfie138

didn't think this was quite as good as i'd hoped, but it was really good. i loved the twist, and the fact that things happen that seem a bit odd then you see why when it gets to the re-view during the "shooting of" section, my fave being
the "just put them in blond wigs andHawaiian shirts!" line in the sequel.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom