One connect lead too short

Scottylad88

Novice Member
Reaction score
Purchased a Samsung 55js9000 and is installed on the wall but the Samsung one connect lead is only 1.5 metres this isn't enough to go from the TV down the trunking in the wall to the one connect box on the TV unit tried searching for a longer lead but unable to find one is anybody else having this problem?

Hi Davilorad - what size JS9000 do you have? I have this very issue and a 55JS9000. Just called Samsung who told me this wouldn't work because it was a mini.... but it doesn't seem to be. Called Partmaster who told me it only works with 78 & 88" models... but I suspect that's because those are the ones they package it with. Any info gratefully received before I part with yet more cash. Thanks!

I'm waiting for the release of the 2016 models, but will need at least a 5m cable from the OCB to the screen. I've not seen one of these cables yet and have been wondering how difficult it might be to perform a DIY extension on it. I'm assuming it is a moulded plug which cannot be taken apart, so wondered if chopping it in half and then using some kind of male and female connectors, with enough contacts, would be okay or if it will cause any issues. Someone somewhere must have tried it.

I'm waiting for the release of the 2016 models, but will need at least a 5m cable from the OCB to the screen. I've not seen one of these cables yet and have been wondering how difficult it might be to perform a DIY extension on it. I'm assuming it is a moulded plug which cannot be taken apart, so wondered if chopping it in half and then using some kind of male and female connectors, with enough contacts, would be okay or if it will cause any issues. Someone somewhere must have tried it.

Did you try this? Im in the same situation..

Did you try this? Im in the same situation..
I have not bought a TV yet but was put off the idea of attempting to extend the cable. If I do get a Samsung then it looks like I would have to work out how to get the box closer to the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom